Chapter 1 - Shitty luck is not appreciated

This whole situation was just fucking ridiculous. First, she narrowly managed to escape from an angry mob with torches and pitchforks and now she ended up getting kidnapped by a snarky vampire bitch. Things couldn't get any worse. At the moment, she and ten other women were huddled together in the back of a horse-drawn wagon after being forcibly dragged in iron shackles and gagged. It wasn't helping the situation that some of the girls were scared shitless. Literally, someone actually shit in panic and the rancid smell lingered in the small enclosed space. It made Ria want to cut off her own nose somehow and get a reprieve from this hell. But, she couldn't entirely blame them for being frightened right now. They had no idea what was going to happen to them. If they were going to live or die.

Ria herself however had already begun taking specific measures to prepare for what awaited all of them, and none of the paths available to her was comforting. In some scenarios, she saw herself meet a tragic and bloody end. Truly most of the outcomes from the future she saw play out ended similarly to this, and only two out of the fifty she witnessed ended with her keeping her life.

The way her grandmother described their family's "gift" to her as a child was a very simple yet intricately complex explanation. Her grandmother also once possessed the same gift and became her teacher as her own abilities manifested at a very young age. What the old woman hammered into Ria's brain from the first lesson to the last was that the future is like a maze. That if you turned a certain corner, you could end up facing multiple obstacles differently than if you took another path. And it may not even lead to the center of the maze. You can get lost in the maze with no way out if you're not careful, stuck forever winding its endless paths until you forget your own identity entirely.

When she was at a very young age, that lesson had haunted Ria for weeks to the point where she wouldn't even glance a few minutes ahead for fear that she would be lost in the future for the rest of eternity.

Ria's situation now doesn't allow her to have that luxury now. And she has to utilize this advantage while she can before it's too late. With newfound determination she let her green eyes drift closed and tried to concentrate on what events would likely happen next. Seeing anything would be aiding her at this point. Through her mind's eye witnessed them arriving at a dark and intimidating castle that hopefully was more sinister than its owner. She watched on the sidelines as she and the girls were dragged inside the dreary castle and forced to kneel in front of a tall throne. Her view changed perspective and now with her head now painfully bowed she couldn't see who sat enthroned but she heard his deep voice. It was a melancholic yet enraged voice that spoke of pain beyond measure. Ria raised her eyes up slightly to catch a glimpse of the being behind this powerful aura and was met with tired-looking red eyes. But, before she could see any more, she was pushed out of her visions and jolted back into the present. Where they were being unloaded from the damp carriage like cattle.

Tall silver armored vampires emotionlessly yanked on their connected chains to lead the human women out into the open air. The trembling group was made to kneel before the bitch who kidnapped them.

 The trembling group was made to kneel before the bitch who kidnapped them