I'm Still Mad At You

Takes place at the Marina wedding reception...it will be my favorite moment, when it happens onscreen. LOL. This one's for you, Brightspot! -- XO, Reddixon

In a dark suit and crisp white shirt, Robert fumed as he hugged the bar. He was watching his wife dance wild and carefree as if nothing was going on and he was sure it was a passive aggressive f*ck you after the fight they'd that morning. In another moment he'd be appreciating the view, but right now he was mad and he'd had enough.

They'd sat through the wedding and toasted at the reception looking like a perfectly happy married couple. They'd smiled, held hands and even exchanged meaningful glances as Maya & Carina shared their vows, but that didn't change the fact that the past two days had been a rollercoaster. Joy, frustration, anger. Yesterday had been the happiest day of his life, next to marrying his wife. Andy was late, she took a test and yes, they were having a baby. They hadn't really talked about kids and the reality was that it was probably too soon, but nothing about their relationship had been conventional and while their marriage wasn't perfect, it was grounded in love and a commitment to never give up or walk away. They would figure this out too.

Last night, they celebrated, shared their fears about parenthood and how all this would change their lives then went to bed in a happy, we're having a baby bubble. This morning reality smacked them in the face. Robert wanted Andy to go on light duty right away and she was insistent on waiting. In fact, she didn't even want to tell anyone until they were out of the first trimester. "My body, my choice." Were the words she spoke that kept ringing in his ears. He'd told her she was being selfish, reckless and what made it even more frustrating was that department policy backed her. She didn't have to say anything right away. All he wanted to do was protect his wife and unborn child, but she wasn't allowing him to have a say.

"I'm still mad at you," Andy whispered harshly as Robert's muscular arm slid around her waist and pulled her off the dance floor.

"Let's talk," Robert replied back. Frustration deep in his voice as he pulled her down a dark hallway and into a storage closet.

As soon as the door closed, Andy shrugged herself free. "I don't want to do this with you right now?" Defiant, anger flashed across her face. "What could you possibly say that would excuse what you did?"

"I didn't follow through, that should count for something." Robert replied back in exasperation. He knew he'd crossed a line when he threatened to tell Maya and report Andy's pregnancy without her permission. He hated that he'd even thought to do it and of course hadn't followed through, but it was out there now. He couldn't take it back.

"Oh yes, let's give you credit for that." Andy was furious. "The bigger problem is that you thought about it. You thought giving me an ultimatum would be the best way to get what you wanted." Andy yelled and shook her head in disbelief.

"Excuse me for being worried about my wife and trying to get her to be reasonable." Robert replied back. "You run into burning buildings for a living, Andy. It is crazy to risk something so important when you don't have to."

"So you're calling me crazy?" She shrugged her shoulders a bit. "Well, what does that say about you? You married me. Pretty damn quickly if I remember correctly." Andy knew it was a bit of a low blow, but he'd started it.

"Oh that's rich coming from you..." Robert said incredulously. He stopped himself before he went further. He could point out her hypocrisy. Remind her that she'd married him while her dad was dying and his cancer diagnosis definitely played a role in how quickly they walked down the aisle...but he wouldn't do that.

Andy knew exactly what he was saying, but wasn't saying and it pissed her off even more. "Let's not get off track here. The real issue is that you tried to give me an order and I put my foot down. I am a grown ass woman, Robert. I don't need you trying to protect me from myself and I certainly don't need you trying to control me. I got enough of that from my father." Her heart was pounding and her chest heaved. Adrenaline and anger pulsed through her veins.