37 - Objections, Obliterate & Oblivious

~ Break Up With Your Girlfriend I'm Bored - Ariana Grande ~
❤︎

"Thanks Lauren," I smile as she hands me a cup of tea and bagel. I place it down on my desk and continue going through the company's handbook.

Minutes later I pick up my tea. As I'm about to take a sip I notice a strong smell. I take off the lid realizing it's coffee. I reach for my phone and buzz Lauren's. "Yes Miss Terrance?" She says with a bit of attitude. I ignore it and try to stay professional.

"You brought me coffee. This isn't what I asked for," I tell her.

"I'm currently helping Mr. Kade. Can it wait?" She asks.

I sigh. "Yeah." I pick up my bagel and open it. This is not what I asked for either. I re-call her. "Get me a new bagel while you're at it." She's always messing up the simplest orders.

No reply. So much for an assistant. I hear a knock at my door. "Come in!" I shout not looking up from the reading.

"I brought you brownies!" I look up to see Ajax. I hold my hands out for them as he approaches me. "Here. Harmony and I made them," he places them in front of me.

I look up and give him a skeptical look as I open the container. "They're good I swear," he promises. I laugh and take a bite of one.

"At least I got something good. What's up with Lauren?" I ask Ajax. He puffs out a breath.

He shrugs. "I don't know. She's a bitch to everyone but Heath. I asked her for coffee today and she gave me hot water," he rolls his eyes. I can tell even he's fed up with her.

I pick up my coffee and hold it out to him. "I asked for tea and got coffee," I explain. He takes the coffee and drinks it.

"Thanks Princess. I'll see if I can get you a real tea. Raspberry mint?" He asks.

I nod. "It's the only thing I drink," I admit. I haven't had coffee in almost two years.

"Alright got it." He looks back and I notice Heath walking in. "H!" Ajax holds his hand up walking towards him.

"A!" Heath reciprocates and high-fives him. Ajax leaves while Heath walks over to my desk. "Don't you have school?" Heath asks me.

I shrug. "I already own 40% of Kade. Might as well quit, plus classes are soooo boring," I mumble. Heath lets out a laugh.

He takes a seat in front of my desk. Yes, my desk. I got my own office! "You sure? You worked hard to get in," he says. I shrug again.

"I don't really care much about it anymore. I never wanted to go in the first place remember," I remind him. College was never my scene.

He nods, taking a sip from the mug in his hand. I hold my hands out and he raises a brow. I point to his mug and he chuckles before handing it to me. I take large gulps. Raspberry mint tea.

I hand it back to him. "Thanks. Your bitch assistant isn't the slightest bit helpful," I mutter.

"I don't know why everyone has a problem with Lauren. She does everything I ask of her," Heath sighs.

My door opens and Lauren walks in. I told her to knock. "Speak of the devil and the devil shall appear," I mumble under my breath. Heath shoots me a 'be nice' look and I throw on a fake smile.

"I got your cinnamon bagel and mint tea Miss Terrance," she says this time with no attitude. I wonder why?

She places it on my desk and I already notice the tea bag tag reads lemon tea. I pick up the tea and toss it in my garbage. "I asked for raspberry mint. I suggest getting it right or don't bother coming in here," I make clear. Heath shoots me another stern look.

"Prystyne," he whispers. I roll my eyes.

"I am really sorry Miss Terrance. I can go get you another?" She offers. I hate fake bitches.

"Nope. Out," I tell her.

Heath stands up and my eyes trail up to his. "My apologies Lauren. I'll talk with Ms. Terrance. There's a stack of papers on my desk, fax them to Robinson," Heath orders. I watch as Lauren reaches out for Heath's bicep.

Heath doesn't make any means to move it. "It's alright Mr. Kade. It's my fault, I'll fax them," she rubs his arm before walking off. Her blonde hair flicking behind her shoulders as she sways her hips.

I hear a snap and look down at my hands. I snapped my pencil. "Prystyne, what's your problem? She's trying," Heath asks. I'm biting my tongue so hard right now it might bleed.

"My problem is that Lauren is a two faced bitch and I want a different assistant." He stares at me confused. I stand up and walk over to him.

"Oh golly gee Mr. Kade, I'd love to do anything for you including getting on my knees," I rub my hand over Heath's shoulder as I mimic Lauren's high voice. "But I don't know the difference between a cheese bagel and a cinnamon one and tea and coffee."

"Fire her or I will," I say in a serious voice.

Heath rolls his eyes. "Prystyne you can't just fire her because she made a mistake. What kind of image would that set?" He asks.

"Why are you so hung up on Lauren," I mutter walking back to my seat.

He places his hands on the desk in front of me. "I'm not hung up on her. I'm just not going to fire a perfectly good employee," he says.

"Why did you sleep with her?" I question jokingly. His eyes are quick to avert mine. I let out a small deadly laugh. "Heath."

His jaw clicks as he looks back at me. "What's up Prystyne?" He asks, trying to play it off.

"Well now I definitely don't want her working here," I pick up my bagel and toss it in the trash. I grab my phone before walking towards my door.

"Prys wai-"

"No," I stop with my hand on the door handle and face him. "I wonder what kind of image it'd set for the company if they knew their CEO is sleeping with their assistant."

"Past tense. Slept!" He yells as I walk out.

I head straight to the elevators. Luckily the doors open right as I reach them with Ajax with a mug in his hand. I push him back into the elevator and quickly close the doors.

"I brought your tea," he smiles.

I take it from him and smile back. "Want to ditch work and hangout today?" I ask.

"Prys this isn't high school. We can't just ditch when we feel like it," he says.

I shrug. "Yeah but I own 40%. Also question, how many people here has Heath slept with? Other than Lauren I mean." I watch as Ajax's eyes widen and he looks away. So he knew.

"Where'd you want to hang out today?" He asks.

The doors open and I walk out. "Answer the question Ajax," I say in a serious tone as I walk out of the building. I noticed a limo parked out front. "Mr. Kade?"

The driver nods. "Open the door. I'm Terrance," I inform. He nods again and opens the door. Ajax and I both get in the limo.

I wait until I hear a second door close and I know the driver is inside. "Change of location. We're heading to Sens Daycare!" I shout. I look back at Ajax. "Want to have a mommy, daddy and kid day?"

He smiles. "Answer the question then." I tell him. He sighs, running a hand through his hair.

"Just Lauren. There may have been one or two others I suspected but they don't work here anymore," he says.

I nod as the limo begins moving. "Why won't he fire Lauren then?" Ajax shrugs in response to my question.

The limo stops in front of Harmony's daycare. Ajax and I both get out of the car and head inside. We pick up Harmony early before heading back to the car.

"Nearest diner please!"