Twisting The Knife Into An Already Bleeding Heart

Start from the beginning

Deucalion used to be a man of vision my mother once said.

+

Peter stood at the window and drew the spiral into the condensation.

“Our mark for vendetta.” Peter explains.

“Man, you guys really take that revenge thing to, like, a whole new level, don't you?” Stiles questions.

I turn to look at him giving him a glare. “I should really stop talking.” He mutters.

I nod in agreement.

“It's not just revenge. Losing a member of your pack isn't like losing family. It's like you lose a limb.” Cora points out.

Cora and I share a look. Did I mention I fucking hate myself recently? I have to find Derek.

“They wouldn't even let him see the body.” Peter informs. Ennis' Beta. The one Derek wanted to replace with Paige.

“I don't get it, what does this have to do with Derek?” My sister interjects.

I sat down at the desk next to Stiles looking at my uncle.

“Everything. It's never just a single moment. It's a confluence of events.” I reply.

“Personally, I looked at Ennis' circumstances, I saw profound loss. Derek saw something different. He saw opportunity.” Peter adds.

“Opportunity to do what?” Stiles asks.

I bite my lip tears burning my eyes. “To always be with her.” I reply.

Derek was always afraid she would find out. I think Peter egged on that fear a bit. But the thought terrified Derek.

“The thing was, he has this constant fear. He was obsessing over it, thinking about it all night, all day. Always on his mind.”

+

Peter and I sat at Derek's lunch table, Peter took me out of school because of parent teacher conferences.

“Why does she eat alone?” I question. Derek's eyes get wide when he sees me.

“What are you doing here? And what is Annie doing out of school, my mom will freak out.” Derek comments.

“Parent teacher conferences today dumbass.” I reply.

“Hey, don't talk like that you're a little kid.” Derek dictates.

“You talk like that.” I argue.

“Because I am idiot who should watch his mouth more around his little sister.” Derek retorts. He smiles at me.

“And by the way I'm just looking out for my favorite niece and nephew, making sure no one has a crossbow aimed at your throats.” Peter interjects.

Derek gives him a look. “You know she's 7 right, you could not mention crossbows.” Derek points out.

“She saw one almost go through your throat I think she can handle it.” Peter argues. I roll my eyes.

They always parented me and bickered about it later.

“I could just get you banned from school grounds. And take Anna home. You know that, right?”

“No one would ban me from anywhere. I'm too good-looking.” I roll my eyes.

“Doesn't she have any friends?” I question.