'what shampoo do you use'

Start from the beginning

"How about a restaurant" he suggests and I nod nonchalantly.

Charlotte and Carolyn walk out moments later, she (charlotte) doesn't look any different than she did when we first walked in just that she had a bar of twix in her hands.

"Are we going?" Charlotte asks pouting.

"Yeah" harry breathes picking her up and resting her on his sides. "But I'm coming with you and we're gonna grab something to eat"

Charlotte grins at that "can we go to McDonalds?"

He chuckles looking at me "alright"

Carolyn waves us off with a fonding smile on her face.

*******************†

Now I'm starting to believe Harry's working in cohorts with the universe to get me in his bed.

After ordering and eating at McDonald's harry suddenly realized that it was too noisey and crowded to talk about something as important as what happened to that night.

So he suggested that we go to his house to talk about it.

It seemed like a dumb idea and like the idiot that I was, I agreed .

The ride to Harry's hours lasted only fifteen minutes but it was enough for Charlotte to fall asleep at the back seat.

Not wanting to wake her up, harry offered to carry her to his room.

And then we both sat on a sofa staring at each other.

"Are you gonna start talking or......" I say opening my palms giving him a blank look.

"Right" he clears his throat "so that night when you walked into the bar all mad and depressed and then we ended up talking for hours before we booked an hotel and.....erm-"

I nod in understanding, hoping my cheeks don't give away my embarrassment over the topic.

"So I woke up that morning next to you and it was the most blissful feeling I'd even felt and I just remember me thinking 'damn what a view'. I didn't want to leave your side that morning. Not without letting you know how much fun I had that night. And it wasn't just the sex" a pause. I swear I heard my heart thumping against my chest. "It was the whole night, the laughs, the angry drunk texts to your prude boyfriend timothy"

I giggle "it was thomas"

He gives me a sheepish look shrugging.

"But then I got that call"

His whole demeanor turns sullen and be turns away from but not before I catch the look of regret in his eyes.

"I felt like the whole world was placed on my shoulder and I was mad because I wasn't given a chance or say in what was going to happen" another pause "so I did what any coward would do, I ran. And I didn't even leave a note or anyway you could contact me"

His guilt stricken look pulls at my heart.

Without registering what I was doing, I place my hand on his chin turning his face to me.

"Hey, don't beat your self for it. It was supposed to be a one night stand remember it was a no-string's-attached kind of thing"

He smiles "who would've guessed we would be part of the 'opps the condom broke' population"

Despite the crude nature of Harry's joke I still find myself laughing.

*********************†

from: harry
Hey,
Good morning 🌞☺️

I look out the window of Billie's rolling my eyes