• THREE •

LIFE is a two-way journey. Death is inevitable. Humans - and other living species - were born and were destined to reach the end of the thread someday. Truthfully, for the briefest of times, we find happiness, find love, learn things, grow up, and reach the edge of our earthly existence. Only the remnants of our menschy and unscrupulous deeds will be left on the minds of the people whom we met on our journey. The choices and tracks we chose will later define our future and might later send us eternal serenity and pleasure. Veraciously, death is fairly unsettling. But on a bright side, clutching into the concept of receiving a sense of miracle sends a solace to one's conscious mind amidst the grievance over one's death, or to one's hope in the middle of walking on the thin thread between life and death. Our practical experiences may counter our belief of expecting extraordinary events that we always fancy and wish to happen. But truthfully, miracles do exist. Miracles happen in every millisecond of our existence, and there is no doubt about that. But greater miracles happen - most likely - to those who believe in it, and to those who wholly wanted it to happen.

The heated sunlight streamed in through the transparent window of the room. Its rays travel passed through the small gap between the two sacramento curtains, reflecting a verdant shade of sunlight, which softly nuzzled to her closed left eye and to her cheek, making her brows and forehead crease at the heated contact. Her lids feel heavy, she could barely open her eyes half a quarter, and for that reason, she gave up and just shut her eyes close.

With her other senses at rest, her auditory became more active. The surrounding's too quiet, but it wasn't creepy. She could clearly hear the quietest sound of a page of a book or something being turned or flipped around. The hand of silence, touching her entirety in a pleasantly calm and relaxed way, is slowly drifting her back to slumber. She comfortably tucked herself beneath the soft piece of white fabric which was covering half of her body seconds ago. She flipped her body on her right and snuggled into the blanket, tucking the loose sides of it below her body to completely cover her whole, as if she was a larva enclosing herself into a cocoon.

It was perfect. No chaos, no noise, no doubts, no heartaches. It's just her and pure silence, enclosed in between sacramento curtains of the room. It's good to forget her reality for a while, sleeping comfortably, neglecting the truth she needs to repel after she woke up. However, all the good vibes she was cherishing vanished in an instant when a sharp jerky stroke of a finger landed on her forehead.

"Ahh!" she yelped and scowled as the pain slowly travelled from her forehead to her entire being. Her hand instinctively moved to caress her forehead, she pouted her lips and fought the stinging sensation on her eyes to look at the person who ruined her relaxation-time-to-be.

"Getting comfortable lying there, huh?" A very familiar voice of a man spoke just in front of her oblique-positioned body that was still wrapped in the soft covers of the bed. A smile immediately crept on her lips and she slowly lifted her gazes up to see the face of the man who spoke. Her eyes almost resemble the size of a saucer. They were big and rounded, she must be surprised to see him. For a brief moment, she expected her family members - except for her sister - crowding her unconscious body, waiting for her to finally wake up.

Meanwhile, he must've crept up on the way she looks at him based on how his brows twitched for a second and soon relaxed. "Why are you looking at me like that?" he catechized. His arms were crossed in front of him while one of his brow made its way up as he stares down at her, maintaining a judging yet playful gaze on his eyes.

Her grin became wider - causing the corner of her eyes to crinkle - when things finally registered inside her head. "Jungkook?!" she squealed and abruptly pulled herself up. Her blanket toppled from her upper body due to the huge movement she'd done. For a moment, her high-pitched voice shocked the hell out of Jungkook causing him to unlock his arms, and his foot involuntarily took half a step backwards.