8

I honestly felt so bad. I felt sympathetic for him, and ashamed of and angry at myself.

I know I'm greedy and I'm lazy, I've accepted that. But I don't want to be a horrible person.

I don't want to break people's hearts like that. Especially if I care about them. Especially if they mean something to me.

I wanted to cry, but I just didn't. I couldn't bring myself to use up more emotional energy to cry. I just laid in bed for a few more hours with a headache.

That was until I had an idea. A stupid idea, but an idea nonetheless.

I stood up and threw on some sweatpants and a t-shirt. I couldn't really tell what color the shirt was supposed to be, but it was some shade of red or purple or something like that.

I drank an extra saturation potion I have in my cabinet and stretched my arms before heading out.

---

I found Dream at his usual spot. I don't think he really has a home, but I know he likes to spend his time in the forest by a lake where he built a fireplace and a chair for himself.

"Hey, Dream."

"Here to drug me again? Maybe something to make me forget what you did?" His voice was slightly lower than usual and more monotone.

"No, I want to apologize. Like, for real. I'm sorry."

Dream looked at me for a second, and then he shook his head.

"George, an apology isn't going fix what you've done! I know you don't love me, and I know you had some kind of motive, but I don't know what it was supposed to be, and you hurt me, George! I'm in fucking love with you and I can't get out of it, and I know damn well you don't love me ba-"

I had kissed him. I don't know why. I literally just did it on instinct.

After he pulled away we kind of just looked at each other.

"I love you, Dream."

There was a silence again.

"I love you too, you fucking idiot."

I smiled a little, "I'm really seriously sorry. I wanted you to fall in love with me, I didn't think you'd love me naturally."

I know it's a lie, I know. But he'll never need to know that.

"George, I don't know if I can trust you."

"I know you don't. You don't have to."

Dream sighed and looked me in the eyes.

"I will forgive you eventually. I just need time."

"That makes sense." I stood up and played with the hem of my shirt, "Do you want me to go?"

"You can stay." He told me, "I do love you, after all. Even if I'm pissed at you."

"I love you too."