2

"George! I missed you."

Dream stood in the doorway and smiled.

"Missed you too Dream." I let him in and closed the door behind him.

"So why invite me over all of a sudden?" He asked.

I froze for a second. Fuck.

"Uh- I dunno. Just felt like it?" I tried to sound as casual and not-suspicious as possible.

Dream shrugged, "Okay then."

"I uh, I made us dinner." I took the lead and guided Dream to my kitchen.

I'd set up a fairly nice meal. Berries, fresh carrots, bread, and cake. It's hard to get food out here and I'm lazy, so this is a genuine upgrade from what I usually have in my fridge. I lit a candle with a "romantic" scent, but I tore off the paper so Dream wouldn't know it was supposed to be romantic. The wine was red, and Dream's had an almost unnoticeable pink tint to it.

I prayed that he wouldn't notice.

"Come, sit." I sat on the side of the table with the normal wine, secretly trying to ease my breathing. Surprisingly, it's nerve-wracking to basically poison your best friend.

"Did you make this wine?" Dream asked, inspecting his glass.

"Um, yeah. I did." I awkwardly answered, taking a sip out of mine, hoping he'd subconsciously follow my lead.

He took a sip and smiled, "You did a good job, I didn't expect this from you."

"Wow, thanks Dream." I joked, trying to ease my own tension with light humour.

Dream and I started talking about random things, and I brought up netherite.

"I've been trying to get some netherite." I said, tossing a berry into my mouth.

"Yeah, it's not hard to find if you have time, though." He said, "I got a bunch from using explosives."

Good.

So he does have a lot of netherite.

For the rest of the evening I let Dream talk about things I didn't understand. He knows a lot more about the world than I do, but that's only because I frankly do not care. I like to listen to him go on about random things, though.

"But for real George," Dream said, looking at me with a sweet, warm smile, "Thank you for all of this. I really, really appreciate it."

I felt a pang of guilt strike my heart.

He looked so genuine and appreciative... He thinks I did this as a kind gesture to him. He has no idea.

"Um, yeah." I tried not to seem upset, and I think it worked. And if it didn't, Dream didn't say anything about it.

"Well... Do you want to go hunting together tomorrow?" Dream asked.

"Sure. Just come visit whenever and I'll be ready." I replied,

"Will do. Thanks again, but I have to get going. I'll see you tomorrow!" Dream smiled, standing up. I stood up after him and walked with him to the door.

He hugged me and I smiled. He smelled like berries and his hair was really fluffy today.

He adjusted his mask to sit over his face before walking out the door and mounting his horse.