Ch 7. Assistances

Start from the beginning

It has been about 15 minutes since Caroline left Damon speechless alone in her room. He could hear shuffling coming from what sounded like a kitchen. Which if she was finding a way to get rid of him. No that's not it. She wasn't dumb enough to try something foolish like that.

Now he was getting very aggravated. How dare she leave him alone without any explanation.  He was a vampire for crying out loud, a humanity-less vampire for one, why was he even listening to her orders in the first place? What is wrong with him? Whatever it is, it had to stop. He can not afford to get distracted and waste time. Not when he had a goal in mind, to get Katherine out of the tomb and get away with her from this horrid town and never look back. And all this deflection was only going to delay it.

Just as he was about storm out and confront Caroline, she entered juggling in her hands what looked like plates with sandwiches and a mason jar full of coffee. Setting the plates and the mason jar on the study table, she turned around.

"What took you so long", Damon demanded angrily standing inches away from her.

Stepping away from him, Caroline replied calmly, "Making myself something to eat obviously".

Seeing Damon's suspicion, she continued calmly, "Look I haven't eaten anything since last evening".

"Because of a certain someone", Caroline murmured avoiding eye contact. "And from what I can see, you have had your breakfast", She declared eyes shifting from his face to the dried-up blood on his T-shirt. "And I need to eat something to get my brains going and trust me you wouldn't like to meet hangry Caroline, she is not fun to be around", she explained shrugging her shoulders.

Pushing aside Damon completely, she moved toward her dresser and bend down opening the last drawer and reaching out for something in it.

Damon looked at her confused with what she doing but didn't miss the chance to stare at her beautiful behind that was now on full display.

Slowing standing back up Caroline pulled out what looked like a book in the colour black along with blue accents, from the drawer.

Shoving Damon completely out of the way she placed, what she was her journal and no it was not a diary. She was not the dear diary type of person like Elena. No offence to Elena, but if she wants to write down everything from what she eats in a day to all her life's secrets  (which literally anyone could read by the way) then you do you honey, but not Caroline, not when she has too many secrets to keep and absolutely no time to spare.

This journal was what she likes to call, her "supernatural encyclopedia". In it, she has written down all the common facts she has found out about vampires, the vampire council, hunters, the town's secrets, etc. But like she said, only common facts cause if someone gets their hands on it then she can just play it off that it was twilight or true blood or even a Supernatural fan-fiction.

It was given to her on her 10th birthday (when her parents were still together and life was perfect) by her aunt. That was the first and the only time she had ever met her aunt because her mom doesn't get along with her side of the family for reasons still unknown.

The only little she got to spend with her aunt Anne Marie had already made her coolest in her books. She was so fun to be around and as an added bonus, she had an amazing fashion sense (which her mother desperately needs). Her aunt Anne Marie had two daughters who sadly she could never meet.

Anne Marie had gifted her a beautiful black journal with blue gemstones in the shape of the moon along with a matching ink pen (which got her into calligraphy later on). They had such a magical feel to them and as an extra bonus, they even glowed in the dark. She loved it but had never gotten the chance to use the journal until now.

Getting out of her thoughts about her aunt Marie, Caroline place the book right on her table. After taking a sip of the coffee she had made, she placed the mason jar back on the table and replaced it with one of the sandwich plates and moved towards Damon.

"Here", Caroline said shoving the plate in his hand. Damon just looked at her confused about what she was doing.

Noting his confusion she spoke up, "I hate it when I am eating and well the other person is just gazing at me. It's very awkward, so I made some sandwiches for you as well".

"So you can either eat it or not your choice", she shrugged handing him the plate and going back to her seat at the table. "And please stop hovering over me", she announced. "I know that this might be your way of intimidating me but it's not working and is super annoying so sit your ass down", Caroline blurted out without a second thought while taking a bite of her sandwich.

"I would see the way you speak to me if I were you, Blondie", Damon warned. "I can literally kill you anytime I want", he declared, trying to unnerve her but by the looks of it, it wasn't working at all.

"Yeah cause death threats definitely make you less irritating", Caroline mumbled, looking down at her peach-coloured shoes.

Glancing back up and seeing the angry glare directed towards her, Caroline realised that she might have gotten slightly too brave and antagonised him a bit too much. It was a surprise that he hadn't attacked her yet.

Quickly trying to divert his attention Caroline said, "Anyway, that's not what you are here for so let back to the topic at hand".

Damon sat on her bed, directly in front of her placing the plate on his right side.

Being successful in doing damage control and having his full attention Caroline continued, "So how would you like me to help you?".

"Let's get one thing very clear here Blondie, I don't need your help", Damon declared. "I can do everything on my own with or without your help", he harshly said with a stringent tone.

"Okay, so let me reframe that sentence, how would you like me to assist you?", Caroline calmly asked trying not to let his tone get to her and provoke him any longer.

"I need you to get me into the council", Damon ordered

_______________________________

A/N: I was supposed to post this yesterday but didn't get the time. But I finally got it down so here is chapter 7 for you guys.

How did you like it?

I have already started working on the next chapter so it should be out in 3 to 4 days' time.

Reviews would be greatly appreciated.

Until next time 👋🏻

✍✍✍