Armin and Mikasa take turns hugging him back to sleep while inconsolable sobs erupt from him. During the day, he swears to protect his friends and to look for the ones who got separated during the torment in their school.

But at night, he desperately begs for the comfort of home. And in all honesty, so do all of you.

"I'm gonna go start dinner." Mikasa says, dropping the blanket from her shoulders as she stands up, "Would you help me, Y/N?"

You don't think much about it before saying yes, it's a simple request and she has been nothing but helpful since day one, but the frown on Hanji's face only grows as she stares at you and you can nearly feel her gaze leaving a burn mark on your back.

"You guys will be going your own way tomorrow, right?" Mikasa asks, pointing at a can of vegetable soup on the small pantry Erwin built out of some of the old wood that was laying around the house.

"Yeah, we have to keep going." You reply, handing her the item. When your fingers brush against hers she lets out a quiet gasp, barely audible.

"We really appreciate everything you've done for us, really." She says, a light in her eyes that you have never seen and you smile at her.

"Of course Mikasa. We would never leave you guys here alone!" You pour the contents of the can into one of the pots before making your way back to the living room where Erwin has started a fire.

"Most people would have, really, thank you." She says and wraps her arm around your waist, pulling you close for a caring hug and you giggle, shaking your head.

Out of the blue, Hanji stands up and stomps out of the room without saying a word. You silently hand the pot to Mikasa, who sits next to Eren as she begins to cook, and chase after Hanji.

You find her sitting at one of the many windows, her right leg hanging to the side while her left is bent against her chest. Her arms wrapped around her knee and her head is down, judging by the way she's breathing, she's most definitely crying.

"Hey, are you ok?" You ask, placing your hand on her back. She tries to readjust and get out of reach but stops halfway through her movements.

When her eyes meet yours, a few tears stream down her face like lazy currents at a river. "Why don't you go hang out with your new girlfriend?"

"You... you mean the 15 year old who we're teaching.... How to survive?" You inquire and she rolls her eyes before looking away.

"Just leave me alone." She whispers. You let out a long sigh and shake your head, focusing on how the moonlight contrasts with her skin, exposing every little mole around her arms.

In a rushed decision, you pull down her bent leg and she nearly falls to the ground. With her back pressed against the glass, you straddle Hanji as your hands glide towards the back of her neck.

While holding her nape, you pull her in for a kiss. Instead of pushing you away, you feel as her fingers begin to dig through the skin of your hips.

Your lips travel away from her mouth to her chin and finally land on her neck as you nib at her skin gently, leaving light red marks behind.

"I don't like the way she's been looking at you." Hanji whispers and you bring your head up to look at her eyes.

"You have nothing to worry about, love." You say, propping an elbow on her shoulder before placing a patch of hair behind her ear. "She's a literal fetus."

"Still, I..." She begins and you interrupt her.

"Let me remind you that you are the one I love." You whisper and, as soon as your lips meet hers, any words she might have said die in her throat.