◍ XLIII. Thunder

Start from the beginning

The shrill ringing of phone had started irritating Ramona, her eyes snapped open as she took in her surroundings

The shrill ringing of phone had started irritating Ramona, her eyes snapped open as she took in her surroundings. White walls staring back at her. She could feel her body sore. Her head pounding.

She turned towards the ringing phone and searched for the device, she saw one blaring at her left side. She narrowed her eyes wishing the device to shut up. She winced as she tried to sit up. She stared at her bandaged hand and everything came back to her. The shoot, Words, the phone call and then Leonardo Clemente.

Her eyes sting as the words came back.

"You're pregnant. Who's the father ?"

She rasped for breathe as her right hand shook. She tried placing her hand on her stomach. Her palm touched her gown covered belly. A single tear rolled down her cheeks followed by others. A sob escaped her throat.

She wasn't alone, not anymore. She had a child. A child which won't leave her. She should be happy. Not thinking about the people who betrayed her, destroyed her.

She doesn't have to rely on anyone anymore. Not when she had a hope in her. A little Life.

The ringing phone was long forgotten until it chimed and Ramona's eyes shifted to it.

She touched the cold device and picked it up. It was a familiar device but not hers. She examined the device, her thump grazed the power button and the screen came to light.

Flash of fury travelled her insides, It belonged to him. The very man who had guts to destroy her career. She loathed him.

Her fingers twitched to throw his phone on the nearby wall but her eyes flicked to the incoming text.

Aishwarya Joshi.

Ramona felt a bitter taste on her tongue. She shouldn't be hating her but the man she was associated with had crushed Ramona. Leaving her in broken pieces she could never pick up.

Her insides clenched as the his hazel eyes flashed infront of her. She clenched her jaw.

How dare he ask her about her baby ? It has her child. A part of her. Her flesh. That man dared to ask her who was the father.

She felt the raw anger clouding her senses. Why was he here at the first place ? She didn't want him anywhere near her.

Her mind raced back to his phone. She clenched her eyes before opening them again. Her eyes reflected Hatred for him.

She tried his phone password, a hint of smirk dawned her features. She knew him enough to know basics about Leonardo Clemente. He didn't like changes.

She tapped on her name and the screen blinked to show the text.

Aishwarya : Can we talk ? Please call me when you can.

Ramona could feel her desperation from the words. She could feel the wait, longing and begging in her text. She grinded her teeth. She felt the same when Leo never gave her his time. She recalled days when she kept waiting for him to show up back at his place. She used to prepare dinner for them and never once he appreciated her efforts. She could bet he never guessed that she cooked.

She scoffed. How much of a big fool she was ?

She selected the text and pressed on delete. She didn't feel remorse, not even a bit of guilt.

She then cleared the trace of her call from the list of Missed calls he had.