Chapter Thirty Seven - Serafina

I don't hate him. It doesn't matter that he's been caught face down in silicone. I don't care about Kingston Meier.

I don't care at all. I'm not jealous. I'm not hurt.

... then why did my heart shatter walking in on them?

He grabs my elbow, and I spin, shoving hard against his chest. "When my father finds out where I am, he's going to gut you. Have you ever seen someone's intestines? He has a barrel in his warehouse that he keeps them in. And that's where he's going to put yours."

The scenario I'm painting is unlikely, but I'm pissed as fuck and I don't care. It's not that I don't think my father will exact vengeance for my kidnapping. I just don't think he'll go to the extreme of torturing King. He will more likely just kill him quietly- less mess. He'll take me back home and we'll never speak a word of it.

King doesn't say anything, and it ignites my anger even further. I want him to give in. I want him to push back and give me the argument that I'm craving.

Instead, he looks pained. "You didn't see what you think you saw back there."

I scoff. Tapping the side of his head, I say, "do you think I'm fucking stupid?"

Before he has a chance to spin more lies, I stalk off down the hallway, needing to put some distance between us. With stupid tears welling in my eyes, I remind myself that he means nothing to me. Never let them see you cry, Serafina.