~• CHAPTER 15 •~

Start from the beginning

"That's not helping!" He snaps through gritted teeth. "Why you insolent little --"

"Professor...?" He shouts back at Snape as he placed his hand on my shoulder. I looked back at him as he glared back at Snape. Snape looks back at him as the light shines to show more of Remus' face.

"Well, well. Lupin. Out for a little walk in the moonlight, are we?" He says like he was threatening Remus, I felt a tight grip on my shoulder almost holding back Remus. I placed my hand over him as he gripped harder.

"Harry? You all right?" I felt him calm down with the tone of his voice. Harry was about to speak as Snape interrupted him.

"That remains to be seen. I've just now confiscated a rather curious artefact from Mr Potter. Take a look, Lupin. This is supposed to be your area of expertise." Remus takes the parchment from Snape, I looked at it in more detail seeing an unflattering caricature of Snape, I scoffed at the drawing as Snape glared back at me. "Clearly, It's full of Dark Magic." Remus chuckles to himself while showing me the parchment in more detail. He hands it to me as he looked back at Snape.

"I imagine if anything like that could happen you would go to Miss Weasley instead of me professor, but I seriously doubt that, Severus. It looks to me as if it merely insults anyone who tries to read it. I suspect it's a Zonko product. Nevertheless, I shall pursue any hidden qualities it may possess. As you say, it's my area of expertise. Come, Harry." Harry walks towards Remus as Snape stares back at us. Remus and Harry walked ahead as I turned back to Snape.

"Next time Severus maybe bullying students isn't the best idea." He scoffs as he stared back at me.

"I'll keep that in mind, Miss Weasley. Good night." He struts ahead in the opposite way as I heard a painting shouting back at him.

"Put that light out!" I turned back to the other two seeing them waiting for me, Harry was smirking and laughing back at me as Remus looked in a flushed panic. He looked ill I wanted to help but knew I couldn't, especially in front of Harry. I walked towards them as we carried on walking. Remus was getting more fuming as Harry walked alongside us.

We get to Remus' office the door loudly banging behind us. Remus enters his office and tosses the parchment on his desk, he looks back at Harry I knew he could barely contain his anger. I still didn't understand, it was just a silly piece of parchment-like he said, why was he acting like this?

"I don't know how this map came to be in your possession, Harry, but I'm astounded that you didn't turn it in. Did you ever stop to think that this -- in the hands of Sirius Black -- is a map to you?" He raises his voice in disappointment as Harry put his head down in shame. I still didn't understand what was the issue.

"Remus." He looked back at me with fury, it scared me a little as he did this. He grunts to himself as the parchment opens up more relieving more of a map to me than before. I looked at it closer shocked at what it showed me, seeing all of the people in the castle wandering around the castle. I understood his anger more clearly now.

"Your father didn't set many stores by rules either. But he and your mother did give their lives to save yours. Gambling their sacrifice by walking about the castle unprotected, with a killer on the loose, strikes me as a poor way to repay them. I won't cover up for you again, Harry." Remus stands up more while turning back at me, he frowns more looking at the map. Harry looks behind him with his head down in shame. I felt for him but knew that Remus only cared and was protecting him.

"Harry, I think it best to go back to your dormitory," I say calmly not wanting to add more fuel to the fire that was Remus. Harry looked back at me and nodded still staring at Remus' head. I gave him a soft smile as he began to leave. I walked to Remus placing my hand on his shoulder as he looked closer at the map. He sighs as I stroke his shoulder, he relaxes a little under my touch. Remus began sorting through some papers on his desk as I turned back to see Harry lingering at the door. He starts to turn away but stops.