XV |M|

"I've noticed you and Jungkook have been spending a lot more time together

"I've noticed you and Jungkook have been spending a lot more time together. Sudden change of heart?" Namjoon raises a questioning brow as he sucks on the bright red straw of his milkshake. They've been lounging in her living room for hours now, jumping between studying and just talking about whatever, mostly how Iris's parents had to delay their flight out here because their old ass dog they always seemed to love just a little more than her, finally kicked the bucket. "We're mourning," they said. "Have a little sympathy, Iris." Like that stupid, crusty Bichon Frisé wasn't their real baby.

Namjoon seemed to be rather interested in Iris' sudden preoccupation with Jungkook. He's seen them walking around campus together, Jungkook with his arm draped across her shoulders. Iris seemed ever so slightly less disturbed by his presence and Namjoon was starting to think she's grown a soft spot for the boy.

Iris rolled her eyes at him, her head resting against his shoulder as she glanced up at him. "Fuck you...and it's more a 'he's not so bad as long as you take him in small doses' type thing." It isn't an entire lie. 

Jungkook was a very high-energy person around Iris specifically. It was the only time he really let out any energy besides being balls deep inside someone or spending hours on end in the gym. Which she's also noticed has come to a stop recently. The sex, not the gym. For nearly a month and a half now, Iris hasn't had to come and basically kick down the door to get him and his little partner to quiet down.

This music on the other hand was a different story.

Namjoon chuckled, the deep rumble of his chest and the way his shoulders shake a little is enough to get Iris to smile fondly at him. His smile was so pretty. His dimples, the mole under his lips. For a moment, Iris saw Jungkook's smile in his. Her smile faded a bit and she sat up away from Namjoon. She ran her hand across her neck. She hadn't told Namjoon about their date, and she'd never tell him about how much fun she had on it. 

"I think you two are cute."

Damn. Hard blow.

Iris rolls her eyes at the mere thought. She reaches over and grabs his milkshake to take a drink. She angrily sips on the straw. "We aren't cute. I just happen to find his presence benign...and slightly entertaining. But that's as far as it goes."

Deny. Deny. Deny. Because if she didn't then that would make the growing...something in the pit of her stomach all the more real. And the thought of it being real terrified her because what would the mean for herself. for the way her parents see her? They'd probably disown her for bringing shame to the family.

Namjoon could see right through her. He saw the way she and Jungkook interacted when the young man followed her around between classes. He did really think it was cute. He thought the two of them would look good together though it would be very unexpected. Iris was a very image-based person, shallow even. And it wasn't her fault, it was how she was raised. Parents even more shallow than her. And it wasn't like she wasn't trying. The building blocks of her personality were made in those formative years of her fragile childhood when she was competing against a dog for the love of her parents.