ch. 13

Everyone expect me and Tera were riding on Oogi while we were on Jiri. We were flying above the downtown part of Republic City. We land on a deserted street and dismount off the bison. Mako points down a road.

"The truck with Bolin took off down this alley." We jog over to that intersection. We are at a lost of where to go next.

"Which way?" Asami asks.

"Hmm. This way kinda," Bolin smells the air. "smells familiar."

Lin opens the bottom of her shoe and uses her seismic sense. "There's a tunnel nearby." She leads the way to an embankment. We all follow her. We all slide down to the ground on the embankment.

Mako points at the entrance to the tunnel my aunt sensed. "There!"

Lin inspects the ground. "Motorcycle tracks."

"Korra has to be in there... somewhere." Mako states.

Lin metalbends the large gate open. We walk into the tunnel. The further we walk, the darker it gets. Tera and Mako use firebending to light the very large tunnel. Tera is holding my hand with one of her own and lighting the way with her other. We get to an intersection. "Let's try this way." Mako suggests.

"And what if Korra's not down there?" Asami says.

Mako responds sharply. "Then we pick another tunnel until we find her!" Asami looks hurt. We walk further and Asami drops to the back of the group with Bolin. Me and Tera were in front of them, still hand in hand.

"Hey, is Mako all right? He seems really worried about Korra." Asami asks Bolin.

Bolin nods his head agreeing with Asami. "Yeah, we all are!"

"I know, but, he's your brother. Do you think that he likes Korra as more than just a friend?"

Bolin speaks In a slightly high-pitched voice and chuckling nervously. "W-What? No! That's, just gossip, where'd you hear that?" He points to Asami. "Crazy talk is coming out of your mouth right now. Heh..."

Asami places her hand on Bolin's shoulder. "What do you know, Bolin? Come on, spill it." She demands.

"Nothing! I mean, there was this one time during the tournament when Mako and Korra kissed, but-" Bolin blurts out.

Asami's face fades into sadness. "They," She pauses, taking a second to look at Mako. "Kissed?"

"Believe me, I was upset too, but, I'm over it. I don't think it meant anything" Bolin tries reassuring Asami.

"Yeah, I doubt that." Asami walks past us to the rest of the group.

"They kissed?" I asked Bolin.

"Korra told me not to tell you." Bolin says.

"Huh. Why am I surprised?"

"Jay." Bolin tries to reassure me too. Motorcycles could be heard in the distance. My aunt orders all of us to hide. Tera pulls me into a very dark corner and lets go of her fire. Everyone else duck behind a pillar. Tera kept her arms around me in the dark corner.

"That tram goes to the training camp." The tram disappears down a tunnel and he walks to another one that has just arrived. A female Equalist climbs down.

"Everything was delivered to the prison, sir." They both walk away. Tera lets go of me and walks out of the corner before letting me walk out.

"You good, princess?" I tease.

"Perfect." She smiles.

Tenzin whispers to all of us. "That's where they must be keeping Korra."

"We need to get down that tunnel." Lin says. Lin signals the group with her hand and we all run toward the tram and jump in. The tram starts to move down the tunnel. Before we get to the end, we quietly jump out. Lights and alarms go off as the tram reaches the end of the tunnel.