0.15

Daisuke's mother had been killed by a hero.

Heroes.

They were never as interesting as the people in the bar.

Heroes were simple minded.

Hard headed.

Selfish.

Greedy.

In his eyes they were nothing but a disgusting shade of human beings.

There were worse people, he'll admit that.

"You want me to go to your school?" Daisuke frowned.

"Not just any school!" the principal cheerfully added.

"A Hero school."

Just the way it was being advertised to him made him want to throw up whatever breakfast mush he'd eaten.

The principal continued, "We can go up to the judge offering to spare you being locked away if they see a chance--"

"To save me." Daisuke interrupted. "Basically."

"You confessed to stopping criminal activity," Aizawa added. "Why not take the route that would give you a chance to amend--"

"Because I don't regret what I did." Daisuke politely smiled at them. "I did what I needed to do and what I wanted to do. I choose where and how and who I committed crimes as and to."

"Miyamoto-kun, this is a rare case we are even offering--"

"Yeah, well I didn't ask for it. Did I?" Diauske snapped.

"Listen," he moved his pointer fingers between the two. "I know you're heroes. You work with heroes. Being Heroes is your job. You teach new batches of baby heroes every year and then send them off into society. Their little burning hearts filled with ambition and hunger. Desperate to get noticed. Desperate to get to the top."

He paused. Giving them glares.

"But amidst all that, they're the ones most likely to cause far more casualties than the so-called 'villains.' They are the ones who are far more likely to end someone's life via debt, the loss of a loved one-- for fucks sake, insurance companies have caused families to go bankrupt and nearly 85% of those cases are at fault with an upcoming hero who will stop at nothing to get noticed. Even if that means making the scene, causing casualties, and a shit load of property damage that will never be reimbursed."

"You don't wish to be a hero?" Nezu asked.

"I'm a thief. And under the umbrella term, a villain." Daisuke blatantly told him.

"There is no way a judge would look at all I've done and say 'Yeah. Sure. This kid might be able to repent all his crimes. His quirk is useful. Let's send him to a school filled with wannabe heroes and hope for the best.'" Daisuke sarcastically cheered.

"Are you telling us you'd rather spend the rest of your life locked up in here as a result of wanting to survive?" Aizawa asked.