Chapter 12 Unfinished Business

Getting used to the Shining Giant's full power took some time for Sol. Just a little off into the woods by the abandoned building his group decided to stay in was Sol training with the power given to him by Elgria. His whole body was on fire yet Sol didn't feel a thing. It was like he actually became the flame itself.

The area around Sol emitted immense heat. Brook and the other orcs had to stay at least 15 feet away from Sol's personal bubble in order to not get burned. This was why Sol decided to train in the woods instead of doing it near anyone else. Sol's goal was to figure out how to control the heat as well as the fire.

If everything was going well then he would touch a blade of grass with his burning sword. He had to tell himself that he didn't want to burn it away and if the blade of grass remained unfazed by the fire then that's how he knew he was making progress. Sol needed to show the fire that he was in charge.

If anything he was like a miniature sun, almost blinding those who looked and burning those who got too close. As of so far he could keep the fire from burning his clothes but other than that he was having a little difficulty with anything else. Tree branches, logs, and even a couple of small rocks, all either burned or melted away.

At this point most of the plants had already been scorched and Sol felt uncomfortable continuing his training. His flaming body went out and the sword itself stopped glowing. The fire was out. "At least I can tell the fire when to stop." He said to himself.

Sol heard a few leaves rustle. That's when he noticed William start to approach him. "Hey Sol! Brook says it's lunch time and that we should take a break." This was the perfect time for Sol to figure out how far everyone else's progress was going. Sol smiled, put his sword back in his scabbard and walked with William back to the dock.

"So how many explosives have you created so far?" Sol asked. William started to count his fingers. "Let's see... we have fifty sticks of dynamite and thirty smoke bombs. Is that enough?" "I'm not sure. I think it's best to make as many as we can." "Sorry Sol. That's all we really can make. We dropped off all of our supplies at the warehouse. The stuff we just used to make the explosives was the leftovers." William admitted.

The two of them arrived at the dock. Brook was sitting at the edge eating some grilled fish until he eventually noticed Sol and William come up from behind. "Hey guys. How's it going?" Brook said casually. "I've made a lot of progress with my training. I know how to not burn away my clothes." Sol joked about his progress because that's all he basically could do.

Sol and William joined Brook and sat at the edge of the dock. "Is your head feeling better?" William said to Brook. "It's been better but it's not at its worst right now." Brook had some extra grilled fish with him and he handed them both to Sol and William. "Thanks!" Sol immediately chowed down while William hesitated.

Sol and Brook noticed this behavior right away as soon as William showed disgust on his face. "Don't worry man. It wont bite." Sol said. "But I will." Brook said as he continued to bite into the fish he had until nothing was left. "Oh I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be rude. I just don't like eating animals." William admitted. "No kidding. So I guess that's why you had nothing but fruits and vegetables in that cart when I met you." Sol said. "That's fine. That just means there's more for me." Brook said.

William handed back the grilled fish Brook just gave him and the athera began to chow down again. "You're a real glutton sometimes, you know that?" Sol said to Brook who was too busy eating to respond. "I better eat some of those apples while they're still fresh. I'll be back in a bit." William said as he got up from his spot.

William tried climbing up the ladder to the ship but stopped as soon as he noticed a peculiar seagull perched on one of the railings looking down on him. It looked like it was motionless or like it was staring straight into William's soul. It was downed in completely white feathers but its eyes were a light pink.