"Yeah, I'm good." I frowned, sitting down on the old bed.

Stefan went forward, looking into the storage shelf. Klaus smiled and picked me up, sitting me on his lap causing me to smile. Ugh! Keep it together Rose!

"Look what I found!" Stefan stated, making Klaus and I look at him curiously. "1918, single malt."

"My favorite." Klaus stated, patting my leg to stand up. He went up and grabbed the bottle from Stefan. "Let's go find someone to pair it with."

Later
Third Person's POV:

About an hour later, Elena was still at Stefan's old apartment, pissed that Damon brought her here and that she was almost discovered by Klaus. Elena gasped when she heard footsteps and hid behind a wall. She peaked out relieved when she saw Damon.

"Finally! I called you and hour ago Damon!" Elena glared, only to get a bag of clothes thrown to her.

"Make yourself presentable." Damon stated. "I know where Stefan and your sister is going to be tonight."

"I told you that I was practically discovered by Klaus and your worried about what I'm wearing?!" Elena snapped.

"I had an hour to realize what a bad idea it was to leave you here alone, process it, and move on." Damon frowned making Elena's glare deepen. "Are you okay?"

"Peachy." Elena continued to glare.

"Okay, get dressed." Damon stated. "You're all road-trippy and gross."

Rose's POV:
Gloria's Bar:

After Stefan and Klaus hunted, Klaus made it up to me by taking me out to dinner before we met with Stefan back at Gloria's. The three of us were now at the bar enjoying a beer when Gloria walked up.

"Where's Rebekah?" The witch frowned.

"She'll be here." Klaus stated. "I can't just conjure her here on demand."

Klaus took a sip of his beer before looking over at Stefan. "What's with you? I thought Chicago was your playground."

"So this is why you asked me to be your wingman?" Stefan frowned. "Because you like the way that I tortured innocent people?"

"Well, that's certainly half of it." Klaus shrugged.

"What's the other half?"

"The other half, Stefan, is that you used to want to be my wingman." Klaus said sliding him a shot. Then told him how close they used to be, then raised his shot. "To friendship."

"So, I'm confused. If we were such great friends, then why do I only remember you as the hybrid dick who sacrificed my girlfriend on an altar of fire?" Stefan frowned.

"All good things must come to an end." Klaus shrugged and told him of that night.

"You compelled me to forget." Stefan frowned.

"It was time for Rebekah and I to move on." Klaus frowned. What he's telling us didn't add up though. He made it seemed like their lives were in danger, but from what I remember in 1492, we were all happy and had nothing to fear, up until Katherine accidentally killed me. "Better to have a clean slate."

"But why?" I asked, making Klaus look at me with concern. He pulled me into his lap and kissed my forehead making me look at him curiously.

"Nothing you will ever to have to worry about if I have anything to say about it." Klaus said making me nod and drop it.

"But Rose is right." Stefan said making me look at him.

"Stefan, drop it." I frowned.

"No, he should have to cover his tracks." Stefan frowned. "Unless you're running from someone."