Chapter 2: The Break

2 months have passed since street's surgery and Chris leaving to Germany. They talked every day during this past couple months and chose to keep their relationship a secret when she returns to LA.

It's 31st July and Tan has invited some friends because he just came back from Bali and want to do a BIG party, now Covid left to celebrate his wedding and his honeymoon.

During the party:

At the nightfall, the DJ puts on romantic song, every couple go to dance-floor. In the middle, Tan and Bonnie, so stunning, tan in a black suit and Bonnie with a light dress, we can lip-read that they're saying they love each other.

Annie wrapping Deacon's arms, at the same pace, like always and Hondo and Nichelle who get very closer since Hondo's demotion...

And Street, alone, at the table, drinking lemonade because he can't drink alcohol yet with his medicines, watching them.

He decides to send a picture of the party to Chris..

Street: « Not very careful to leave a handsome and fragile man at a party over 5000 miles away 🙄»

Chris: « Not very careful for this man to flirt with someone when Annie would reveal everything to his girlfriend »😏😂

Street: « You're right 😂 Fortunately he doesn't want to flirt at all, he already has everything he ever wanted »

Chris: « ❤️ »

He smiles when he sees her text... Imagining how it could be if she was here right now.

The song ends and everyone turns around because someone yelled

« Heyyyy, do you really think we would miss the party of my Brooo, come over there man » screaming Luca

Street turns around too and see Chris with a white jeans and a black top

His face lights up... She did her little smile she always do

Everyone hugs them, he raises up, hug Luca

« Hey man, it's been a long time, what's up ? » said Luca

« Good to see you,  yeah I'm okay » answered Street, smiling

She looks at him, thinking how they have to pretend nothing happened.

Then, He hugs her and He tells her something very low in her hear

Street: « I missed you »

She smiles and she looks at him very closely

Everybody go back at the table, Chris sits right in front of Street and everyone raise a toast to Tan and Bonnie.

Hondo: « So guys, why are you here, the TLI is over yet ?

Luca: « No we just take a break because some officer had Covid, they choose to take a week break and we go back for a month again, »

« So we thought, we could do the surprise to come at the party tonight »

Everyone start to talk, go dance and Chris and street can't stop looking at each other, 

everybody left the table.

Street: « So you didn't tell me that you was coming »

Chris « As Luca said, it was a surprise »

Street: « We should talk in a quiet place, 

meet me in the kitchen in 5 minutes »

Chris looks at him and smiles

She comes in the kitchen and see him, they look at each other for 2 secondes and