"Get home soon, honey. I'll be waiting." I gave him a tight smile. He just shook his head with a knowing smile and went out with Ace.

Just then my phone rang, "Sky! Sky, he's here and trying to---- umphh." 

"Emilia?! Em?!"  I dropped my phone and ran towards the elevator, having no time I rushed down the stairs and when I reached the parking space I saw a crying Emilia in Ace's arms and struggling Chris, stuck in a headlock by Ethan.

"Hello, 911? We have an intruder. Yes, thank you." Ethan was talking on the phone with his other hand as if he wasn't holding a man in his other. I ran towards Emilia and she came in my arms, sobbing.

I stroked her hair and talked to her calmly ,"Em , honey. It's me, calm down. Shh, it's okay.Everything's fine." I was tearing up looking at her like this but I needed to control myself.

"Who the fuck do you think you are? Getting in here and forcing yourself on someone?" Ethan was angry, this was the very first time I heard him yelling.It caused me to flinch.

The police came in shortly and took everyone's statement. They went away with Chris and we went back to the apartment.

"Would you like to tell me what happened now?" I asked Em as I extended a glass of water towards her, she refused it.

"I was just coming in and locking my car when he appeared out of the blue. I asked him what is he doing and he just started begging me to take him back. I told him I need some time and space to think about it and then he started getting violent and almost forced himself on me.I couldn't think straight and just started sobbing."

"I think you should take some rest." I suggested.

"No, Sky. I'm fine now. I'm just hungry. Oh and please don't tell this to Asher."

I nodded solemnly, I knew he never really liked Chris.

"You know, he proposed to me last night? After I turned him down I was having second thoughts but now I think I made the right decision."

"I know, he met me this morning. He told me you had feelings for someone else."

She blushed, "It's Ace. I don't know why but I just feel this pull towards him.In Aspen I knew, I couldn't cross the line as technically  I was still dating Chris. But I never felt like that with Chris what I felt with Ace."

I just gave her a tight smile ,"Well , maybe you should think about it and whatever you decide is good for you. Now let's go have some dinner."

"Yeah, but I still need to talk to Chris."

I opened my mouth but she stopped me , "And before you say anything, however wrong his actions were tonight, I loved him. And no one can change that, both of us need closure."

I agreed and nodded.

Dinner was a short affair, afterwards Ace decided to drop Em home.

Ethan and I made ourselves comfortable in the living room when both our phones pinged with a notification.I looked up at him at the same time he did.

"Oh my god, I cannot believe this. Is it true? Pinch me."

"Yes, Skylar it is!" He jumped as he pulled me into a hug and twirled me around. We got Neil Burke's project and visibly both of us couldn't believe it.

He put me down and we locked our gazes together.This is the happiest I've ever seen him.

"By the way, I never thanked you for saving Emilia today." I whispered looking into his eyes.

"You don't have to, it's what anyone would do." He said softly without braking my gaze, he took one step forward and surprisingly enough I didn't back up. We were so close. Closest as we've ever been.