Chapter 15

Loud thudding.

This was all I could hear in my head.I didn't even had the strength to open my eyes but I had to.
Bad decision, the sunlight blinded me. I felt like a vampire.
I somehow propped up myself and saw Advil  along with water on the nightstand.Bless the person who left this for me here.

I realised I was in Ethan's room.Oh shit, what happened last night? I pulled off the covers and saw myself in his t-shirt. Oh god what did we do?

I heard a knock and Madeline came in.

"Morning, dear. Here's your breakfast. Hurry up and come downstairs your brother is waiting for you."

Asher is here?

Am I in trouble?Oh god , I don't even remember what happened last night. I'm completely drawing a blank.I definitely drank a shit ton of vodka and it was payback time.

I wore shorts underneath Ethan's t shirt and brushed my teeth and headed downstairs.
Asher and Ethan were discussing something and Ava was just about to come upstairs.

"Good morning," I wished in a very tired voice even I was shocked after hearing myself.

Ava looked at me, "Bad hangover?". I meekly nodded.

"Sky, let's talk somewhere more private." Asher came towards me. I nodded and followed him into the adjoining space.He held me by my shoulders and looked over at me in concern. I thought he was mad at me but--

"Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'll be fine. But aren't you mad at me?" 

"I was. But on the way over here, Ava explained me that you never drink this much. She told me that you hate not being in your senses.I don't mind you drinking, I just want to ask you why did you go overboard last night? Is something bothering you? Is it about mom? Did Ethan do something? "

I started crying and hugged him. He reciprocated by holding me tightly and put his hand on my head."What is it?" He repeated quietly.

I backed up,"It's nothing. Maybe it's just work stress or maybe I'm just PMSing." We both knew I was lying.

He held my hands,"Are you sure it isn't anything serious?"

"Yes."

"Maybe you should take a break then. You know, explore your options. Go to London, where that firm offered you a position. No one will mind, the doors here are always open for you.You can come back anytime you want."

"No, I want to be here. Last night won't happen again."

"It's not about last night, it's about you. I want you to know that you have every right to come to me with your problems. Okay?"

"Okay."He then pulled my hair and I just shook my head.

We walked out and Ava was standing there expectantly.

"Now, that you two are done. We should give Sky some time and then go grab some lunch together.Just the four of us."She suggested.

Ethan opened his mouth but Asher stopped him ,"I know it's about the Zane project. Let's go and visit the site together and then we can go to lunch."

"Alright then, I'll ask my assistant to bring over the files. We'll take my car." Ethan commanded and walked, Asher followed him.

Ava and I expectantly looked at each other--we're ready for a chill day.

--*--

We were currently seated on an open terrace of the restaurant we had chosen for lunch. It was a pleasant day and I was enjoying my mojito.