8. the boy in the blue sweater

Tommy sat back and inspected the boys who had invited them to an alliance. Quackity was pretty loud and outgoing, it seemed, and was incredible at poker. The other boy, who had introduced himself as Karl, was more laid-back. Karl was notvery good at poker. Quackity enjoyed pointing out everyone's mistakes at the end of each round after he had won.

Tommy noticed that Tubbo was awfully quiet. Tommy sat the next game out and moved back to sit with him.

"So, Tubbo, what do you make of these guys?" he asked, trying to make conversation.

Tubbo glanced at him. "I don't trust them. They have a sense of danger, you know? I can tell they're reckless. They wouldn't care if one of us got hurt."

Looking at them now, Tommy did realize they reeked of danger. Quackity, especially. Karl looked trustworthy and loyal, while Quackity looked like he would stab you in the back if given half a chance.

"What do you suppose we do about it?" Tommy asked.

Tubbo thought for a moment. "I say we ditch these losers and go commit some crimes."

"Hell yeah!" Tommy said excitedly.

Wilbur looked over at them. "I don't care how many crimes you commit; just be back in an hour."

Tommy didn't have a watch or a sense of time, but he agreed.

"Sure, Wilbur, whatever you want."

He grabbed Tubbo's hand and pulled him towards the train track that lead to the right. The friends ran into the darkness.
____

"Do you think it's been an hour yet?" Tommy asked.

Tubbo shrugged. "My sense of time is almost as bad as yours."

They had been walking for ages, and Tommy's legs were sore.

Tommy caught a glimpse of light up ahead. "Turbo, come look at this!" he shouted, running ahead.

"I told you not to call me that," Tubbo grumbled, picking up the pace.

Tommy slid to a stop when the tracks opened up into a subway station.

"What is it?" Tubbo asked, almost running into him. "I don't see anything."

"It's people," Tommy said, pointing inside of the train.

"No shit, Tommy. What else would they be?" Tubbo said sarcastically.

"But they're lying in bed together. Together, Tubbo!"

Tubbo rolled his eyes. "Are you scared of love or something?"

Tommy leaned over and retched dramatically. "I don't believe in love. I believe in me because I'm better than everyone else."

Tubbo squinted at the train car. "One of the people, Tommy. I think... I think he's wearing a blue sweater."

Tommy looked at him. "So? It's just a sweater. Why does it matter?"

"We're you even listening to Quackity? He said they were looking for someone in a blue sweater. The boy had robbed them or something."

Tommy shook his head. "I don't think he ever said that, Tubbo. And I remember everything."

"Mhm. Sure you do. Anyway, wouldn't it be best to tell Quackity, just in case? Maybe it's a false alarm, but maybe it's not."

Tommy asked him, "What's in it for us?"

Tubbo shrugged. "Money, maybe. I don't know. Maybe they'll give us some of his stuff."

Tommy took off running the second he heard 'money.'

"Whoever gets there first gets the money!" Tommy shouted back at him.

"Not fair!" Tubbo called, and ran after him.
____

It took them only ten minutes to get back to the rest of the group.

"Wilbur, Wilbur! You'll never guess what we found!"