She groaned. "Fine......I'm bored."

"That's not my problem."

"I wanna hear more about L!"

I froze. "Oh. Really?" I asked, slightly flustered. She sighed. "Yeah....you said Luigi reminded you of him. How so?" She took a sip of water, which came with the breakfast I summoned.

I shrugged. "L was Luigi's alter ego."

She immediately spat out her drink onto me, then started coughing.

"I'm sorry, what??" She asked.

"Okay, first of all, you could have spat in the other direction. That was disgusting. And second of all, I said Mr. L was Luigi's alter ego," 

She got an excited look in her eye. "OHHHHH, OHMIGOSH! THAT'S WHY YOU USE TO LOOK AT LUIGI THAT WAY!! Awwww, that's so cute!" I laughed. "Yeah, yeah." She ran her fingers through her hair. "I didn't know Luigi even had an alter ego! I wonder why he never mentioned it! Although, he didn't mention a lot of things about your guy's' past."

She leaned forward and looked side to side. "You know....If I married Luigi, and you married L, you would be like, my brother in law! Wouldn't that be cool!!" I shook my head. "That would never happen." She cocked her head, still smiling. "Come on, why not?"

I held up my hand. "Because one, L is Luigi's alter ego, not his brother. And two, L would never marry me. Three, I don't know if you'll even get the chance to marry Luigi." She smirked. "Oh, I don't know. Alter egos, brothers, same thing. And once we save Luigi from this book, maybe he'll go back to normal. I think I have a chance. I mean, look at me." I shook my head. "If we save him, he'll be to consumed by the guilt. I don't know how well he'll fare." She seemed a little taken back.

"What do you mean by 'if we save him'? We're going to save him. No ifs about it!" 

"Whatever, you still wouldn't be my sister in law. Alter egos and brothers are not the same. And L would never marry me anyway." She shook my shoulder. "Come on, I'm sure he would. I mean, yeah, you're annoying and small, plus you never show your face....and no one can understand your similies, plus you're a wanted criminal, but you're also....well.....such a cute little guy! I bet he'd totally marry you." 

That was slightly insulting.

"L's dead. Remember?"

She suddenly got quiet. "Oh.....right. I'm sorry...." 

She lied back down.

"Yeah....and I'm pretty sure my chances with Luigi are close to zero. Still though, we can dream."

I slowly nodded. "Yes. We can dream...." I turned away. She sat up and grabbed my shoulder. "Hey, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for-" "It's not your fault. You didn't kill him...."

She looked down. "I know, I'm just sorry I made you feel this way. If you don't want to talk about him, it's fine." She moved her head to the side.

"How....how did he die?" She asked. I let out a breath.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't wa-"

"I killed him" I stated.

Her eyes went wide.

"What?"

I kept a blank expression on my face. "I killed him. It was my fault."

She looked down. "Oh...."

I let out a breath. "I just miss him... I miss them both. That's all. I regret nothing more." She gave my shoulder a squeeze. "I know...."

"....So, got a plan yet?" She asked, trying to change the subject. I shook my head. "Nope."