Pink

At first it had seemed like a sweet idea, to give her another single Peony— this time a rather pale pink. It was like the beginning to a familiar little pattern.
But was it presumptuous to go through with it? To create something familiar between them? Gosh, when he thought of it that way it sounded almost... almost creepy, actually. And oh dear, was this really a cheap thing to do? Was it unbecoming to repeat the same thing more than once? Should he have gotten her a different flower, maybe a full bouquet, like she deserved? Maybe chocolates? Or would that be too romantic...?
His whole sweet little gesture seemed to fall apart a little bit more every second he spent staring down at the impossibly soft flower in his hands. He imagined it falling apart, petals flowing down from the cracks between his fingers.
She loves me not... he thought sadly, with a weird lopsided sort of smile.
His mind raced even faster when he spotted her coming out of her door, the worst of his doubts apparently yet to come, but...
Her face lit up the moment she caught sight of him. She quickened her pace slightly, and her hands flew to her heart for a moment before she scooped up the Peony with both hands again, drawing it in and burying her nose and lips in its gorgeous pink petals. She breathed deeply into it and sighed silently to herself as she looked at it adoringly.
Well, he couldn't argue with that now could he?
This time she peppered the flower with so many kisses it almost seemed like she wanted to give it one for each of its many petals. Then, again, she swept it across his cheek.
It was an indirect kiss.
The fact smacked him in the face— quite literally— but it was a delightful feeling, both metaphorically and physically. He grinned back at her and she hid her face behind the flower before walking away. And just as he was psyching himself up to do the same and move on to a painting lesson he had, she turned on her heel and waved at him.

Guess he was just going to stand there stunned for a little bit longer, then.