Carson Prism (Part Two)

A/N So, I realized I forgot to include a pic of Carson last chapter, so that's him up there. Uh, yeah, I think that's it. 

I pulled off my helmet to check my reflection in a peaceful part of the creek that I had found. As I did so, I caught sight of a rainbow formed from light filtering through the mist that the creek stirred up. I don't know why, but I was kind of liked the rainbow. Weird. Turning from the rainbow, I fixed my hair before sliding my helmet back on.

True to what I had thought, after pulling on my armour, I discovered I was on the red team, led by the Demeter Cabin. That kind of threw a wrench in my plan, if I'm being honest. It would have been better if I was on the blue team with Annabeth. That way, when I led my team to victory, she would happy. Whatever, she'll be so impressed by my skills that she won't care. Hopefully.

When we were planning out our strategy for winning, I had suggested that the bulk of the team be put on defensive, patrolling the creek and guarding the flag, which we had hidden in a tree with the help of the Demeter kids. Anyways, my plan was for the others to make our side impenetrable. Then, while the blue team was focused on getting our flag, I could sneak over and steal theirs. For some reason, the others had shot down my plan, and instead, I was stuck on creek patrol with a Hermes kid (determined) named Valin. Valin had told me to stick to this quieter spot incase the Athena kids decided to trick us and come this way, while he went slightly farther down the creek.

This was good for me, as it meant I could sneak off, grab the blue team's flag, and bring it back without him stopping me. With one last glance back at that weird rainbow, I slipped away through the woods to commence my plan to get Annabeth to love me.

-----------oOoO Ava has decided that what with the pay raise from all those chapters ago, she has enough to retire. As of next week, Steve, who you have already met, and Anjali, who you have not met will be taking over. They will alternate weeks. This is Ava's last time time-skipping y'all, and she would like me to say that she will miss you from the Caribbean. Now she will take you to about half an hour later, where Carson is still trying to find the blue team's flag.OoOo---------

I had been trying to find the other team's flag for barely five minutes (A/N See time skip for the truth) when I spotted it, in between two geysers shooting up at random times. From what I hear of their conversation, they're these things called the "palikoi". Apparently, one of them is named Paulie, and the other, Pete. Their conversation is extremely hard to follow, and I end up tuning them out as I try to figure out how to get the flag. I scan the clearing with the flag. Clearly, the blue team is using the palikoi as a last resort of defence. There are also five kids stationed around the clearing in full armour, ready to protect their flag. 

Glancing up, I noticed a Demeter girl, Katie, perching high in a spruce tree, watching the flag. Upon closer inspection, I also saw two of my temporary cabin mates, nearly identical boys with curly brown hair. The Stolls. Ugh. They were going to ruin everything! The Katie girl was moving from tree to tree round the clearing, and Travis and Connor were getting closer to the arguing palikoi. If I didn't act now, they would get the flag instead of me, and that would ruin everything! I had to act now.

Travis was now right behind the flag and the palikoi, having successfully snuck through the ranks of the blue team, who had gone investigate something I couldn't see. From what I could see, their plan went something like this: They caused some sort of diversion, which is presumably why the blue team guards have now been drawn away from the center of the clearing. Travis will get the flag, and pass it back to Connor. Then, I'm guessing Connor will hand it over to Katie, who will use the plants to spirit it back to our side. I have to admit, it's not a terrible plan, but if I let them execute it, I won't be able to finish my plan, the one that will make Annabeth fall in love with me.

So instead I burst into the clearing and run for the flag. The Stolls and Katie are clearly startled at my sudden appearance, as are the blue team guards, who rush to keep me from the flag. I wildly reach for the flag, but slip on the wet grass caused by the Pete and Paulie, and end up flat on my back, the fabric of the blue team's banner covering my face. That didn't work out quite how I planned, and from the sound of it, Katie, Connor, and Travis hate me now. Of course, I still can't see anything, what with the grey cloth obstructing my view. 

Just then, I hear whoops of joy from the creek, and when we eventually make it back their, I discover that Annabeth succeeded in bringing our flag over the border of the creek, although it looks like she still still wishes that Percy punk were here. My entire team is glaring at me because of this new development, and frankly (A/N FRANKly) I just want to crawl in hole and die, but I have a plan to complete, even if the first few steps haven't gone as planned.

I step up in front of where Annabeth is holding the flag, attempting to look manly and proud, despite the mud on my backside. "Annabeth! I congratulate you on your win, though I hope you realize you would not have won without me secretly helping you, and-"

Before I can finish, Travis buts in and interrupts. "Of course they wouldn't have won without you!" He glances at Annabeth. "Not saying their incapable or anything, but we were two minutes away from winning! If you hadn't been such an idiot, their flag would be on our side, not the other way around!"

My teammates are nodding along with him, but I can't let them stop me. I turn back to Annabeth. "Although the others put me down, I won't be stopped from having you." For some reason she looks disgusted, and opens her mouth to speak, but I beat her to it. "Now, I will be claimed by a powerful goddess, and we will kiss!" (A/N I swear, I'm about to throw up)

Done with my speech, I look to the heavens, ready to be claimed, but instead, I trip and fall in the mud. Again. Though my position is not one I would have chosen, I see a bright light above me, taking the form of a rainbow. Chiron steps forward. "All hail Carson, son of Iris!" He exclaims, though he doesn't look overly happy about it. As I stand, the light fades, leaving a small slip of paper in its place. I don't think that's normal. Chiron trots forward and takes hold of the note, reading it out loud. "Dear Camp Half-Blood, I apologize for the behaviour of my son. I have no responsibilities for his actions. Do what you wish. Sincerely, Iris, Goddess of the Rainbow."

I froze. What in the Styx?! How dare she? I am Carson Prism, I'm amazing!! Before I could retaliate to the note outwardly, there was a flash of brilliant pink light, and when it faded, the most beautiful women I've ever seen before was standing there. She didn't look very happy to see me, but instead of talking to me, she turned to Annabeth and spoke. "I can't say we've always gotten along, but you should get to deal with him first considering what he did to you. I may be the Goddess of Love, but that speech was terribly unromantic. Not to mention, anybody who tries to break up Percabeth is automatically on my bad side." That didn't sound good.

Annabeth nodded once to Aphrodite and stepped forward. She was finally going to kiss me! Or so thought. When I reached for her face to bring her closer, she grabbed my arm and judo-flipped me over her shoulder. I landed on my back, breathing heavily. Annabeth leaned down and punched my face. Needless to say, I was in a lot of pain. She leaned even closer, and growled "If you ever come near me again, so help me, Iris will be short a son."

Whatever, she's too violent for me anyway. Now that Annabeth is finished with me, the Goddess of Love herself steps forward. "Carson Prism!" She declares in a voice that carries to every camper as pink light begins to swirl around me. "You hurt my daughter, Karla! I hereby curse you to be loveless. Just as every person who looks upon me sees that which is most attractive to them, so every person who looks upon you shall see that which is least attractive to them. You will never find somebody who sees beyond your appearance. Furthermore, is you ever try to make unwelcome advances - and all will be unwelcome - again, you will lose control over your body and be unable to make your own decisions. Lastly, and I hope my fellow Olympian Dionysus does not object, you will no longer be allowed in Camp Half-Blood. Enjoy the rest of your miserable life, Carson." She practically snarled my name. With that, the pink light surrounding me pushed me beyond the borders of Camp, and I was left to my terrible fate.

A/N Gotta say, that last paragraph was my favourite to write. Look out for next week's chapter, because I have decided (literally two seconds ago) that it's not going to be a "meet anybody", but rather a chapter entirely dedicated to different short scenes in which Carson is miserable. Yes, it goes against the title, but I figured y'all wouldn't mind, what with the completely terrible character I have made. Later, Humans.

~Skate