Maria Cavtanker - Edited

A/N I'm just using random names from out of my crazy brain for the most part, please don't take offence to anything. On to the story. (Picture above is her)

Maria POV:

Oh. My. Word. He is so hot!!! Percy Jackson. My dream boy. He has this raven hair that always looks like he just rolled out of bed, and you just want to run your hands through it. His eyes are a mesmerizing sea green that seem to carry a heavy weight in them, they almost seem broken, as though he went through something nobody should ever have to lay eyes on. He has incredible muscles, and an eight pack, which is always on display at swim meets. He's captain of the swim team, and everybody says he's really nice. The only problem is that he hangs out with nerds and geeks. I'll have to stop that once we're dating. Oh, and he always says he has a girlfriend, but nobody believes him, because we've never seen her. He says she lives in California, but puh-lease. It's obviously just an excuse to keep the uglies away until the right person asks him out. And that would be me. 

Oh. I guess I should tell you who I am. I'm Maria Cavtanker, the hottest girl, and queen bee of Goode High. But seriously, if you didn't know that already, then you were probably living in Alaka or something, with uncivilized creeps who don't know me. Or was it Alaska? No, Alaka. But whatever, it doesn't even matter.

Tonight is the night. I have everything planed out. The  Winter Whirl is tonight, and I asked the principal if I could make a speech. See, the Winter Whirl is a school dance on the last day before winter break. It's really special and the principal doesn't want anybody feeling left out because it's the second most important dance of the year (the June Jive being thought of as the most important at the end of the year). Most people have secret dates but I have a better plan.

Like I said, I asked the principal if I could make a speech, and he said yes (of course, I'm practically his favourite student, he and my dad are best friends, my dad's always making... donations to the school) so when I make my speech I'm going to confess my undying love for Percy. Then, he will come up to the stage and confess his undying love for me. After that we will kiss, start going steady, get married when we're 23, have our honeymoon in the Caribbean, and have two, well-behaved kids named Maria and Percy after us. 

The Winter Whirl is such a big deal that you're allowed to invite people from different schools, so long as they're available to come. It may not seem like a big deal, but usually it's limited to Goode High students only, so for a lot of people with significant others who don't go to Goode, it's special.

-----My good friend Shelly, who is magical, will now take you over a time skip to the time of the dance.-----

I was at the dance, just about to give my speech

I was at the dance, just about to give my speech. I was wearing a beautiful red gown - the latest and most expensive design - that my dad bought for me. It was off the shoulder and had golden sparkles over the bodice. The skirt was fashionably tight around my thighs before flaring out to the ground. My hair was twisted up in an elegant bun with a couple of strands framing my face, and I had a gold necklace set with rubies around my throat. On my feet were six inch stiletto heels in beautiful red, darker than the dress. 

I climbed the steps to the stage, scanning the crowd for my soon to be boyfriend. There he was! He was wearing a dark grey suit, with a sea green tie that matched his eyes and the dress of the girl next to him. Wait. The dress of the girl next to him!!! The girl was wearing a sleeveless sea green dress that seemed to sparkle though there was nothing visible on it. She had blond princess-like curls in some sort of braid (I wouldn't know, professionals do my hair) with part pulled up and around so her hair was hanging down her right shoulder. Her hair again, seemed to sparkle, almost as though some sort of beauty goddess was involved. She - well I won't go into detail because I'm obviously hotter, but the rest of her outfit was also sea green with grey accents. AND SHE WAS HOLDING MY FUTURE BOYFRIENDS HAND!!!!!! I didn't recognize her, she must be from another schools. What I couldn't figure out was what they were doing together. She must either have forced his hand or be some sort relation to him - second cousin or the like. That had to be it. Not that it mattered. I would do my speech and then Percy would be mine.

After I had done all of the mushy stuff about how "We're so happy to have all of our guests here" and "we hope you are enjoying yourself" it was time for the true purpose of the speech. "Now, you must be getting pretty tired of me, but I only have one more thing to say. There is a boy in this school. He is everything I want, and I know he is my soulmate." At this point the teachers were starting to look both angry and horrified. "I love him with all my heart and I know he loves me back. Percy Jackson, will you please come up here" He looked horrified. But why? No, he must just be surprised - and happy.

But instead of coming up, he gripped the girl beside him tighter and yelled back at me. "For the last time, my answer is NO Maria! I have a girlfriend, and even if I didn't I wouldn't like you. You're a jerk!" No, no, no. This could not be happening to me. I would try to pretend nothing was wrong. Maybe that would work.

"Yeah right." I yelled back. The pretend girlfriend none of us have ever seen!" 

"Actually, you have seen her." He answered. "She's standing right in front of you and her name is Annabeth." No. The blondie. But I couldn't give up now. I'd gone to deep.

"Oh yeah?" I yelled back. "Prove it!" At this point both he and the blond looked extremely angry. 

"Gladly," Percy shot back at me. With that, he pulled the blond - Anniebelle was it?- into a deep and passionate kiss. 

As they broke apart, the principal stepped forward, looking furious. Good! He was going to chew them out for kissing. Instead, he turned on me. "Ms. Cavtanker! I have never been more disappointed in all my years at Goode! I've tolerated your misbehaviour your entire time at Goode because of your father's generous donations, but no longer! After the break you are suspended for two weeks, and will talk with a counsellor upon your return." 

All around the gym, I heard murmurs of "Percabeth is so cute" and "What a jerk". I lowered my head shamefacedly, and as I did so, I saw the so-called "Percabeth" sauntering out of the room with their arms around each others waists.

After my suspension, I kept my head down. All my friends had pretty much abandoned me, and everybody always laughed at me. I never want to see Percabeth again.

A/N For future reference, if you're a new reader, as I edit chapters I will be removing certain things and adding others, so if you see a comment that doesn't make sense, that's why. Authors notes will be bolded.

~Skate