2 | what waits ahead?

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Pluviophile.

I am a lover of rain, a massive one at that.

Rainfall brings me the peace of mind when nothing and nobody else really can.

So far, I have been living in Cliffhaven for about a week now, and frankly it just seems like such a dull place, I haven't seen many people outside so far, only the people walking their pets by our house, and only after dusk for some reason. A couple of people sometimes aimlessly stare at the sold sign stapled over the for sale sign that is posted with a stake in the front of our yard.

It's currently raining if your small brain couldn't already figure that out. I absolutely love the smell of rain, specifically rain at night. It really does bring me some sort of happiness and joy that no human, body or soul on this planet earth has or will ever be able to give me. Laying on the roof, clothes drenched and soaked to the seams with rain, water drops splashing down on my face, eyes closed, and just taking in the peace of the dark evening surrounding me.

It is therapy as an element.

All I could envision about the future was the fact that I start a new school in a couple of days, and for some odd reason, it feels completely different this time around. I can't really decipher it myself, is it's a good or bad thing? Or maybe neither? But nonetheless, it's something to either completely dread and get the hell over, or to look completely forward to, maybe I could actually make some friends this time. As long as it's doesn't turn into a shit show.

But let's be honest, it's me.

It will for sure be a shit show.

It was currently one am, I finally decided to make my way off of the roof and take a stroll. I walked for ten long blocks, somehow ending up at what I assumed was my new school.

I have been making these walks mandatory for myself, mostly because my stupid mental health doesn't need to be any lower than it already is.

The school itself looked rather trashy and uptight like most public schools do on the outside. It was one of the most overgrown mossy schools I had ever seen with my own two eyes, and every single school I have ever attended has been complete garbage on the inside, so my expectations for this place are already incredibly low.

Yes, the bar is that low.

I looked over at the sign next to the school gate entrance, which read Whiteout High School. What type of stupid name is that? Now that I think about it, I felt like I have heard it somewhere else before, or mentioned in some other conversation I have had at some point in my lifetime. But honestly, I should probably be worried about some other things that aren't the name of my new school, like what is to come in my future.