Chapter five- Silks and wolves

*KATYA POV*

A sliver of golden light peeks through my curtains, showering me with its aura. Sleepily, I get out of bed, my mind still fuzzy from the tea last night.

"Good morning Miss! Oh! I'm so sorry!" My maid Lonnie squeaks. I look down, I'm wearing a silky black nightgown that is well, revealing at the chest area.

"It is of no worry Lonnie, could you fetch me some tea?" I say, still groggy. Last night was... fun? I think that's how I'd describe it. Chenna and Lapis are so intriguing, they could make powerful allies in the future.

Stirring sugar into my tea, I remember what day it is, dress fitting day. The day where we are praised for being materialistic, and not shunned. I should be excited, I guess, but to me, dress fittings are just another excuse for everyone to look at my scars.

Finishing my tea, I go and get dressed for the afternoon, wearing a simple white dress I head outside to the tailor's room.

"Hello girls! Welcome, I am Madame Boufes, and I will be organizing your dresses for your time here. Now, let's get into the details, shall we?" She rattles on, detailing the types of gowns we'll need, the costs, and everything in between. Looking around at the girls, they are all beautiful and will look wonderful in pastels and layers. Like little petit fours.

"Right ladies, let's get started, please go to your assigned tailor and they will begin to measure you" Madame Boufes says with excitement glittering in her eyes.

My tailor is a petite common-looking woman, pretty enough, but is quite stern-looking.

"Hello Miss... Nyxindaf?"

"Yes, that's me, and you are?"

"Janet"

"Janet, well nice to meet you"
"Likewise Miss Nyxindaf, I am excited to help you dress, the Nyxindaf style is so unique so... mysterious. Moving along, would you undress?" Mysterious, interesting choice of wording very carefully selected. Stripping down, I am left with only my underwear for cover, exposing my skin. It could be called milky, like a new pearl, however, it is littered with scars. My body is a canvas of my father's rage, when we disobeyed, he would... I don't want to think about it. It brings me too much pain.

The tailor gulps, clearly shocked by my scars. I suppose it isn't typical for a court lady to be covered in white lines.

"Right, yes I will get started then"
This is my least favorite part of the ordeal, the constant poking and prodding, feeling the cool rubber of the tape against my skin. However, Janet was swift, her fingers working nimbly and painlessly. I should thank her for it later.

"Right, all done, now could you dress again and then come and view the colors and fabrics we have picked out for you" She says as she eyes my body nervously

Heading over to the colors and fabrics, something catches my eye. A man? No, not just a man, the king. He appears to be arguing with Madame, how funny, even a king isn't below her wrath.

The colors and fabrics are perfect. Deep blues and void-like blacks dye luscious silks and velvets. Stark whites and silvers adorn the fabrics in floral patterns.
"They're perfect Janet, you've done a wonderful job"

She beams with pride "Thank you Miss, I researched thoroughly..." She prattled on as my eyes drifted back to the king. Still arguing with Madame, I could barely make out his words, something about a silk shipment not arriving yet. Dull. Suddenly, his gaze meets mine. It's intense, like the anger that Madame caused him to feel still lingered, but the intensity almost shifts, to something else. He saunters over.

"Miss Nyxindaf, a pleasure" He smirks and kisses my hand

"Likewise, your majesty" I grimace, court customs could be so disgusting sometimes.

"Enjoying the fittings? I pride myself on the fabrics I dress my girls in." My girls? Who does he think we are? We aren't little stuffed animals for a king to play with, disgusting.

Faking pleasure "Yes your majesty, they are very lush indeed" My stomach turns at my words.

"Mmmm let's see what our dear tailor has whipped up for you shall we?" I glance over at poor Janet, who looks like she saw a ghost.

He pushes little Janet aside and looks at the designs. Every so often he nodded in approval. Suddenly, he stops.

"Tailor!" He snaps "This one, I need you to change something for me" He says with a wolfish grin.

"The neckline, why don't we make it... lower," He says cockily. I glance over to see what garment he wants to be changed. Of course, it was the nightgown, and the nightgown with an already low neckline. The adjustments make the neckline go all the way to the center of my torso. Disgusting.

"My king, are you sure this is practical?" I ask, tentatively

"Why of course Miss Nyxindaf. It is, very, practical" He replies, still wearing that same perverted grin from earlier. He steps closer, so close that our chests are almost touching "Practical to me, of course," He smirks "Wouldn't want to hide those now, would we?" He says as he glances down at my breasts. What a pig, mother was right, men are disgusting creatures who only want one thing.

Lifting my chin to meet his gaze "Of course, why would I ever question a king"

"Correct. Goodbye Miss Nyxindaf." He says, slightly shocked at my confidence. Finally, after holding my gaze for what seemed like minutes, he turns away.

I will be so glad when he's dead. 

_*Authors note: Hello! Well, this is our first real taste of King Ashkan, not the greatest guy... But we will just have to see where I take his character >:)) I hope you enjoyed this part, I enjoyed writing it lol, Anyways, Have a great day everyone! and please remember to vote comment and share. Bye guys x*-

-* PS. Look what the lovely @maliciosity made for me!!!! It's so nice, should it be the new cover? idk, you tell me 

 Look what the lovely @maliciosity made for me!!!! It's so nice, should it be the new cover? idk, you tell me 

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

anyways, a big big big thank you!!! and lots of hugs xoxoxo*-