Chapter 18: The Fight

"That's it. I'm going to kick your ass, you piece of shit.", Peter walked up to Loki and punched him. When he tackled Loki, a punch to Loki came after one and another. "Peter get off him!", I nearly screamed trying to get his attention. I couldn't get his attention, he was to deep into his thoughts. Loki pulled his hands away from his own body, "I'd be careful of what you do next, Quill." I saw Loki unsheathe two daggers from his hands. "Loki, no!!", I yelled and ran towards Peter, pushing him off Loki. In the midst of that, I ended up getting stabbed yet again. Everybody rushed towards us. Thor worriedly imputed, "My Gods Lady Y/n, you're like some kind of stabbing magnet." I looked into Loki's eyes with tears running down my face, "I thought you really had changed, at least from what your brother described before." The fear and sorrow expression on his face said it all.
   I think he must have stabbed a major artery, I felt like I was having a seizure and blacked out. All I remember about saying my last words was, "Keep these two idiots from killing each other, please."
____________________________________

   My eyes groggily opened, I realized I was in the compound's recovery room again. Once I was fully aware, I started taking out the IVs and the other wires attached to me. "Whoa-Whoa, Y/n. Calm down and try to get some rest. Leaving, or trying to leave, is the last thing you should do.", Bruce said while immediately standing up from sitting in the corner. I sighed dramatically, trying to get rid of any tension left in my body.
   "How are you feeling?", Bruce asked me. "I feel like I got hit with a humongous spaceship.", I slightly laughed at what I compared my pain to, immediately feeling the pain in my abdomen. "I'm sorry Bruce, but I cannot stay here a second later or I'm going to go crazy.", I whined to him. "Okay, I think you are clear to leave. But-", Bruce said before I tried to get him to say the punchline. "But what? But what Bruce?", I asked him. "There's a catch. I know your not going to like this, but, Peter is going to have to take you home and take care of you. Take it or stay in the recovery room.", his eyes averted mine so he couldn't see if I was angry or something else. "Fine.", was all I huffed out before he brought Peter into the room. After bringing Peter in, Bruce left the room.
"Hey, Babe.", Peter greeted me. I could tell the guilt in his voice. I folded my arms and looked away from where he was standing. "I'm sorry babe, for attacking Loki... and for you having to take the stab. Can you please forgive me?", Peter asked me with such disappointment in himself. I felt his hand on my shoulder, I couldn't help but look back at him.
   I grabbed his hand and placed it on the side of my face. "Look, Babe, just because Loki was trying to get under your skin does not mean you have to stoop down to his level. Especially how jealous he was, god knows how psychotic he can be. However, I do forgive you because I love you.", my hands grabbed both of his and tugged on them, signaling that I wanted a hug. His arms wrapped around me gently. It was nice feeling the warmth of each other, although we felt it almost every minute of every day when we are together. He then helped me sit in the wheelchair and wheeled me to our car.
   On our way to the car, we said goodbyes to everyone. Hopefully we would get to see them again soon. Peter opened the door for me as I slowly got in the car. Peter got into the car and started the ignition. He put his right hand on my left, reaching over to kiss me on the forehead before driving home.
____________________________________
The fireplace became warm and soothing, especially for my healing wound. Peter and I cuddled on the sofa, embracing each other. He grabbed his Zune player slowly off the coffee table, so I wouldn't wince at the accidental pain he might cause. Peter proceeded to play Ho Hey by The Lumineers, I snuggled closer towards Peter and fell asleep from exhaustion.