Injustice Part 3

LISA POV

"Not guilty."

That sentence is repeating inside my head while I heard others are screaming in celebration specifically Jisoo. But my mind couldn't seem to function. It couldn't get wrapped around the idea of having my freedom back. It feels surreal.

Then, my eyes met Jennie's. The feline eyes I used to love are staring at me. I don't know how to feel. But when she flashes her gummy smile, I lost it. All the good memories came back as well as the painful ones. So I have to look away. I'm not yet ready.

The following events seem to be in haze. Now I am bombarded with questions from a lot of reporters when we went outside. They are asking simultaneously that I couldn't understand a thing. All that I care about is the sunlight hitting my face. It feels different now that I'm free compare to the one I had when I'm in jail.

There is constantly pushing that makes it difficult to walk. My life is not interesting. Why would they bother asking me? I am not good enough to be in the news, magazines, or whatever.

All of a sudden someone grabs my wrist to pull me out of the crowd and a slight touch on my hand that feels very familiar.

"Sorry, but we will appreciate it if you give Lisa the space she needs. She went through a lot and this is her big event. So if you could please stop asking her for now. That would be great! Thank you."

I knew it. It's her. Jennie.

"How's my famous best friend?"

Jisoo grins after slumping on the couch. I just roll my eyes and click my tongue then go back on watching Frozen. Don't judge me. That's my favorite Disney of all time.

"If going to jail would make me famous, then forget it. That sucks!"

Jisoo laughs and goes on boasting about how she pulls me out of there. How she saved my life as what she pertains. But Jennie is a big part of that. Of course, because it's her job. Nothing else. No emotions involved.

I need to keep that in mind before I lose my sanity again.

"Whatever, Chu!"

I turn my attention away from the TV for a moment to throw popcorn at her which she dodges and laughs off.

"So what's your plan now?"

She asks after her annoying laugh subsides.

"I don't know. I'll figure it out tomorrow or whenever. For now, I just want to do all the things I want."

"Like watching that girl who has an ice power and a snowman that talks?"

I glare at her while she looks at me with innocence. I have watched this a thousand times already and she's with me in like hundreds of them, but she still doesn't know the title. She's impossible!

"You seriously don't know the title. Do you?"

"Of course, I know it! It's Frost, right? No, it's Froze. Uhh no! It's 2 syllables. What is it again? Frosting? Freezing? Freezer?"

She goes over and over. Her forehead creases as she stares up at the ceiling like the title will appear there, while I watch her with amusement. I think she already said all the Fr words but still couldn't guess the right title. This dumb bitch!

I sigh and turn off the TV. She's freaking hopeless.

"Just forget it and get out! I don't want huge trash in here as I clean the house."

"Shut up, Manobal! You're not cleaning today. We're gonna drink all night until we're a mess. We'll celebrate your freedom. It's on me!"

I stare at her ridiculously because she's grinning and that grin means a disaster which is actually one of the book's experiences.