t h i r t y - f i v e

Start from the beginning

Taehyung didn't want to but he decided that it was probably the best thing he could do.

     Just until they got home which was sooner than later, Jeongguk parking the car and leaving it as soon as he could.

Taehyung was quick to do the same, following the twin through the lobby and all the way to the elevator.

There was that silence again but Taehyung didn't want to live in it anymore, not being able to tolerate it much longer.

"Let's talk about it, please," Taehyung pleaded, hating this entirely way too much. He just wanted a bit of communication, just a bit of something between them.

"Give me some space, won't you?" Jeongguk crossed his arms over his chest, tapping his index finger off of his bicep.

The elevator doors pulled open and Jeongguk excused himself, having a traveling shadow right behind him. He was trying to create some distance, just wanting the personal space but the elder was totally relentless.

Taehyung made every step Jeongguk made, trying to get a word in but Jeongguk didn't want any parts of it. He was so sick and tired of everything at this point.

     "Please, Jeongguk," Taehyung whined, stopping the twin's bedroom door from shutting when it was shoved back to stop him. He continued to enter, closing it behind him. He learned from his mistakes of 'letting it go', he didn't want to do it again. "Just let me talk."

Jeongguk groaned, walking to the other end of the room and turning back towards Taehyung. "Talk, say whatever you got to."

The brunet gulped, nodding but more to himself. "Jeongguk, babes, it was never an intention to hurt you. I—"

"No, I don't want to hear it from the beginning. I don't care what you got to say about you cheating, that shit's dead." Jeongguk gave attitude, sick of the broken record.

"Then . . . What do you want to hear?" Taehyung wondered, taking two steps forward. "Tell me what you want me to say."

"I shouldn't have to tell you what to say, this isn't a story or a script, Tae." Jeongguk huffed. "It's two grown men dealing with a childish issue. If you don't know the words to say then you oughta leave."

Taehyung understood and took a few more steps, Jeongguk watching him closely. "I want to learn to love you, Jeongguk. I want to love you and be able to hold you and call you mines again. I'm hoping for a relationship again if I'm being honest."

The younger felt his heart halt, hearing the words that left Taehyung's lips. He looked genuine; serious but Jeongguk was unsure whether or not he could buy it. He didn't think Taehyung would hit him with something like that, wasn't expecting that.

"I'm willing to give us . . . A relationship with you and Jungkook a chance, I want to try. I'm trying to move past this because I still have those feelings deep down. I still care." Taehyung spoke softly, feeling his eyes swell. "I still want you."

"You ruined that." Jeongguk said, his voice cracking towards the end. He didn't want to look or sound so vulnerable, knowing the obvious tone of voice sounded just like that.

"I didn't ruin anything."

"Yes you did, you ruined it, it's too late." Jeongguk sighed, dragging his fingers through his black locks. He stepped closer and went to his bed, sitting on the edge.

The elder attended his side, sitting directly beside him. "No—"

"Taehyung, please stop." Jeongguk sounded like he was begging. He could hear how close Taehyung was to crying and he couldn't deal with it. "We can't. We can't do that, not me and you."