38 - Soap opera rip-off

Start from the beginning

I nodded, looking around the room nervously. I tried to calm myself. I wasn't doing anything wrong, nor was I Aiden, so, so far 10/10. "You don't have to wake her, I can just come by another time" I said, but he shook his head. "No, if you guys had plans it wouldn't be right to leave you hanging." he said, turning to walk towards the staircase. 

The truth was we definitely didn't have plans nor was she expecting me, but I chose to leave that part out as I was already in a difficult position. 

Cole knocked on her door twice, an awkward silence falling between us as we waited for her response. We waited, but it never came. "She's a deep sleeper, huh?" I asked, trying to ease up the atmosphere. He nodded, chuckling. "Wakey wakey Evelyn. Your friend's here" he said and I put my hands in my pockets, looking away. 

Moments passed and once again, we got no answer. My paranoia was starting to get the best of me, I only hoped nothing bad had happened to her. "Evelyn, if you aren't dressed speak up now, because I'm coming in." Cole said, before opening the door and walking in. I looked around the room, looking for any signs of Evelyn, but she was nowhere to be found. 

My brain was racing, thinking about where she could possibly be, and one name popped up. Black. I was fighting in a dilemma about whether or not I should tell him, but seeing how worried he was and remembering how much I would love seeing him kick Aiden's ass, I said fuck it. 

"Where the hell is she?" Cole said, frustrated as he was manically looking through the room in a desperate attempt to find her. "Cole" I stopped him. "I think I know where she is." I said and he ran towards me. "You know? Then why the hell didn't you say so already?" he said, looking at me expectedly as he waited for my response. 

"I think she's at Aiden's" I said. The minute the words left my mouth I could see the anger coursing through him, his muscles tensing up immediately. "What did you say?" he asked, his voice low. "I think-" "-No, I heard you. I can't fucking believe this" he said, pushing me out of the way and going down the stairs at such a fast pace that I thought he was going to fall over. 

I barely got a chance to move after him as he stormed outside, the door banging against the wall as he did. 

Evelyn's POV

"What sane person does?" Aiden replied to my statement that only a none-sane person would drink their coffee without adding sugar. "You're just plain crazy" I said, as he left the coffee mug in front of me, adding a teaspoon of sugar as I told him to, a smirk on his face. "Is that enough, miss, or should I add more?" he teased me and I stuck out my tongue, mocking him. 

"So, princess, what do you-" 

His words were interrupted when the sounds of loud knocking were heard from the other side of the door. Aiden frowned, checking the time. "Who the hell is here so early?" he asked and I pursed my lips together, looking at my phone. "I think I have a few guesses." I said, before the knocking got louder. "Evelyn!" I heard Bryan's voice. 

"Oh, hell no. The fuck's he doing here again?" he said, irritated before leaving his mug on the counter and walking to the other side of the counter. I grabbed his arm, stopping him. "Where are you going?" I asked, already panicking. "Outside, to tell him to get the fuck away from my house?" he stated as if it was the most obvious thing on the planet. 

"Um, how about no?" I said, my grip on his arm getting tighter, and he seemed to notice because he was looking between that and me. He took my hand in his and placed a kiss on it. "Trust me. Everything's going to be okay, it's just him" he said. I sighed, head buzzing from the unexpected gesture. "Please don't start anything now" I said and he nodded.