Why did she leave ?

She bit her lower lip to stop angry tears at bay. She shouldn't cry. Not when it was her choice to leave.

Heaving a shaky breath she hailed a taxi before she walked back the distance and flung herself in his arms.

She settled inside the cab and pulled the window down. The harsh afternoon wind hit her face and she closed her eyes. She deserved this for being stubborn every single time.

She felt her appetite die as she crossed restaurants, She can't eat. They were supposed to be together having lunch but now she was all alone, going back.

Beach house ? "Shit"

Sakshi said they all will be going out but what time ? She didn't know.

She fished her phone and made a call, she waited for her to pick up.

"Hello ?"

"Hii" She tried sounding normal "Were you leaving ?" She guessed hearing the commotion from the other side.

"No. We left for restaurant and we'll reach in next 10 minutes"

Aishwarya glanced at her watch it was past 12:30. Hospital was almost an hour from Resort.

"Aish ?"

She hummed. She cleared her throat and started rambling. "I was just asking. I'll come back and pack so that we don't get late for Airport"

"Aish is something wrong ?"

Aishwarya gulped "No. Why do you ask ?" Sakshi was silent on the other side. Aish could imagine the wheels turning in her brain "L-He went to get his car so...I thought I could check ?"

"Early lunch ?"

"Ye-yeah. We're going somewhere. I'll be back till 5 ?"

"Alright. We are going some place too. We leave for Airport at 8. Be back early to pack"

Aish bit the inside of her lower lip "I-I'll be there"

She hanged the call. She can't go back there when they think she's with Him.

Aishwarya took a shaky breath and turned to look outside. She could see street shops and some tourists going in and out of local market.

"Please stop" The words left without her knowledge and Driver gave her a quizzical look.

She nodded and he parked the vehicle at the curb. Threading fingers in her hairs, she took a calming breath and stepped down. She made the payment and the cab rushed out.

She hugged herself amid the small crowd, she eyed a flower shop infront of her with an old lady checking the lined bouquets. One particular type of flowers caught her eyes and she quickly averted her eyes - Carnations.

They stood in vase back at her room. He gave it to her showing his Care and Affection towards her and she just pushed him away .

She was a fool.

Quickly shaking her thoughts away, She decided to walk around, she had to kill time. She just can't go back to beach house.

🔹

Aishwarya lost the battle. Her stomach won. She decided to grab a bite from a local diner ordering the first name her eyes caught in the menu. She was slumped on her chair as she waited for her order.

She was roaming streets for past two hours. Thank goodness she wore a pair of black gladiators. She would have died in any amount of heels.

She rested her phone on the side, she has been checking her phone every minute, waiting for a call from him or a text. Just anything from him.

Contemplating her action for the tenth thousand time she picked the device to reach him.

She called him, it ringed and ringed until the plain machine voice reached her. Why don't he not pick up ? She asked herself.

She licked her lower lip and decided to leave a text.

Aish : Can we talk ? Please call me when you can.

She sent and glanced at the wall clock. The minute hand will soon be reaching 12 and she will be left with one hour to get back as said.

Time was ticking and her's is ending in Miami. She was startled as a tear rolled down her cheeks. She rubbed it away, blinking her eyes to get rid of the moisture.

The waiter placed her food and Aishwarya decided to gobble it down. She ate the whole meal without feeling the taste or enjoying it's texture. The scent mingled and got lost.

She paid her bill and walked out of the place. Her eyes roamed the streets for a cab, she hailed one and settled.