Chapter IV: The Encounter

"Well done everybody!", the maestro spoke loudly. On his face, a smile up to his ears was imprinted. Everyone was smiling, some clapping, some packing, etc... When George was satisfied, everyone was satisfied. (Y/N) gave a tired smile, her eyes struggling to stay open. She had barely gotten any sleep last night. She pulled an all-nighter just thinking about what Madame Giry had told her. A part of her wanted to have a heart-to-heart conversation with the phantom so, so bad, while another part thought of him as a wimp that thinks murdering innocent people would help solve his problems.

   "(Y/N)? (Y/N)??", Emile said nudging her friend. "Girl, what are you daydreaming about?", she asked and gave her a gentle slap on the back of her head. "What- oh sorry, I didn't notice you...", (Y/N) said looking utterly exhausted. "Miss (Y/L/N), did you get any sleep last night? You look like you've seen a ghost," Emile said mockingly. (Y/N) went back to reality. GHOST! I've got to go up there again, she murmured under her breath looking like someone who'd just thought of a ground-breaking discovery. "What was that?" ... "Oh, nothing, nothing. I'll see you tomorrow, alright?" ... (Y/N) then kissed her friend on her cheek and went off. How am I friends with this girl? Emile thought, smiling.

   Discreetly and slowly, (Y/N) went up the stairs once again. After making sure Emile was nowhere to be seen, she took off, feeling the cold breeze hit her neck. Alas, she reached the box. She gulped nervously and opened her mouth to speak, "I know you're here." No one replied to her. "I saw you watching us yesterday."

   She was right. He was there, just staring at her. Ah, great. Another one. He was torn by whether should he show himself, or wait for her to move on. He heard her give a sigh and get ready to leave. He stood there emotionless. "What do you want?", his voice roared in a scary tone, the depth of it making the environment even eerier. (Y/N) gasped then quickly got herself together. What did she want anyway? "You know, for a man who claims to be ingenious and all-powerful, it's quite funny how you can't show yourself to others," she mocked him. Shit. The girl immediately realized what she had said to a literal criminal. For all she knew, he could kill her right now on the spot.

   With a blink of an eye, she felt a hand wrap around her waist and another cover her mouth and nose. "Uh-uh, we don't want to go there. Do we, (Y/N)?", the phantom whispered in her ear. She could almost feel him smirking behind her. He was now pressing her back against his chest. Feeling his cold touch, his fingers that covered her mouth smelled like death to her, in a surprisingly good way, that if she weren't about to get killed, she'd find it very attractive. "Now, I'm going to let you go. If you scream or attempt to do anything against my will, believe me, I will not hesitate to kill you."

   Gently, he let go, only to find her falling in his arms, eyes closed. His own eyes widened. Right away, he checked her pulse. She was still breathing. The poor girl must have fainted from the lack of oxygen; her body was already tired anyway. "Well.", the phantom spoke to himself and mentally face-palmed. His presence should not be revealed. In his mind, it was only "logical" to get rid of her. He pulled out his famous weapon and stared at her. Hating to admit it, Madame Giry was right. She was indeed quite a beauty. Her (Y/H/C) hair appeared to be silky, and her lips were the perfect shade of pink. Her nose fit her face immaculately, but he snapped out of it quickly. Again, it is of great importance that his presence shall not be revealed. Quietly, he adjusted his lasso, just to hear a lady's soft voice, "Don't." The man looked up seeing Madame Giry. "Don't do it," she said with a sad expression and took off. The phantom stood there staring into the void. His soul gave in to Giry most of the time. He knew she always had the best decisions. Then, he groaned and looked at the unconscious body beneath him. His arms wrapped around her and lifted her up. (Y/N) was now passed out on the phantom of the opera's back while he carried her to his lair.