VI. Just Like a Pill

Start from the beginning

"So tell us more about P Art nah, Mas." Jane excitedly grabbed my arm when we were finally out of the formalin smelling lab.

"What? There's nothing more to tell you. I don't have a thing for that bloke."

"But..but.. he's handsome like P Vee naaah? Don't you feel anything for him Masa kun?" Pran grabbed my other arm making me hobble awkwardly between them.

"You two date him then if you find him so handsome!"

"Awww...So P Vee is the only handsome man in Masa's eyes?" Jane and her annoying girly voice.

"If it's not P Vee then our Masa here will start dating girls right? I wonder what Masa kun sees in P Vee that makes him fall only for a man like him alone."

"Care to tell us Mas? Na na na?" Jane's puppy eyes made me smile despite my annoyance. The girl herself is pretty but can be very clingy and noisy at times.

"Treat me to lunch and I will tell you." I shook myself off from their grasp and gave them a naughty smile. They were not prepared for what I did because I leave them with their mouth hanging open.

But it made me ponder what Pran had just said. What did my niisama see in P Vee to make him fall for him? I on the other hand saw everything for myself. By everything, I mean everything😉. From the way he cared and protected me when we were kids up to that night when we shared each other's heat.

If I am to love a man in the future, it would be someone like P Vee.

"What is it Mas! Tell me! You have your lunch now." Jane continued her pestering at the cafeteria. She really bought my lunch for me. What does she expect to hear? It's not as if I'm gonna tell her what I saw that night. I'm not a kiss-and-tell type of a guy.

"What do you want to hear?" I asked her scooping down a large amount of soup into my mouth.

"Don't tell me you have...Oh my God Masa!" She covered her own face now blushing. Girls and their wild imaginations can be scary sometimes. 

"I remember that night you disappeared from the bar. Where did you sleep that night Mas? You called me to pick you up but you hang up on me before you could even tell me where you were." Ah! That was one of my mistake. I forgot to text Pran after P Vee had snatched my phone away.

"Were you at P Vee's? Someone from the pub said they saw both of you arguing with each other before you two disappeared. Did you sleep in his place?" The intensive investigation from Jane and Pran began. I have to choose my next words carefully.

"Yes he was with me." I almost spilled the soda I was holding when a familiar voice at my back answered Pran's question for me. The topic of our conversation sat casually beside me making me and my two friends speechless.

"Your friend here was so wasted that night so I took him home with me before he gets rape by his male suitors outside that bar." P Vee was smiling at our shocked faces. He pick up a carrot from my plate and stuffed it inside his mouth before handing me a piece of paper.

"Why do you look like that? Your face is funny. Here. It's the script from P Kris. She wanted you to read and be familiarize with it before the contest." He was now drinking my soda and ignored the whispers from the other students who were now looking at us.

"Awww P Vee. We missed you hanging with us like this." It was Jane who recovered from the shock first.

"Yes P. It's a good thing that you and our friend here can talk to each other like this again."

"How are you guys? Aw, I missed you too. I'll hang around with you like this more often if your friend here allows me to."

"P!" I don't know what to say to him. Was he the one who told me it was too early for us to become friends again? We were staring at each other's eyes trying to communicate without even saying anything. He smiled at me sadly before turning back to my friends.