Part 15

The road to recovery is never an easy one. There comes many obstacles, many distractions, temptations. There comes the need to give up, to accept the fact that you'll never get better. And there have been times that you've come to that point. But you've always managed to get over it because of Bucky. Bucky, your Bucky, your Alpha.

The months after you were found, you'd gone through a lot. You had to testify against Lance and Hammer during their trial. You let out a huge breath of relief when they were found guilty on all charges.

You were also going through therapy. You were diagnosed with PTSD and had been seeing a therapist twice a week.

Your world was turned upside down and, on many occasions, you felt like you didn't know which was right side up. Thanks to Bucky, he was your anchor, keeping you leveled through everything.

_______________

"You know I love you, right?" he murmured, his hand rubbing your arm up and down as you rested your head on his round belly.

You look up at him, his beautiful blue eyes beaming down at you with so much love and adoration, "Yeah. I do."

"I know I haven't been sayin' it much-"

You shook your head, "It's okay. I know you love me. I can see it through everything you've done for me these past few months. I-I'm really glad you decided to stick by my side. You've had to go through a lot with me lately."

"There's no place I'd rather be than by your side, Y/N. I'm yours just as much as you're mine. Sure, we haven't officially bonded, but it doesn't matter. I'm sure anyone who catches my scent knows that I'm irrevocably yours. I'm also so proud of you. You've been so strong during the trial and your diagnosis. Sure, you've had your moments of weakness, but I'm sure everyone does when they're trying to recover from something."

"It's because of you, you know." you reach up and graze the stubbled cheek of your Alpha, "I don't think I wouldn't have done it without you. My anchor, my Alpha, my Bucky...my love."

Hearing your words, Bucky leans more into your touch. The softness of your skin, the scent of your love for him coming off you. It's so intoxicating. You're so intoxicating.

"Lemme take you out tonight, my pretty Beta," he murmurs into your hand before kissing it.

"Where?" you breathed out.

"Don't know yet. Doesn't really matter though. Maybe somewhere nice? I just wanna see my baby doll all dressed up pretty. Wanna show her off to the world. My strong and beautiful little Beta."

You bite your lip and try not to let his words affect you. It's been so long that you two have been sexually intimate. With the trial, therapy, and your overall recovery, there hasn't been much time for you and Bucky to get acquainted with one another again, which is understandable. And you really appreciate Bucky also remaining strong.

Some days, you can see how much he's holding back. How much his inner Alpha wants to come out and take control. But you commend Bucky for his own self-restraint. You're sure it isn't easy. Wait, when was the last time Bucky experienced his heat?

"Bucky?"

"Yeah, sweetheart?"

"When was the last time you went into heat?"

His brows furrow as he tries to think back, "Probably before you were taken. It wasn't a big one. I've been taking suppressants for them."

"What? Why?"

"I didn't want my heat to be our first official time together and since we're together, I didn't want to go find comfort in someone else. At most, it's just me in the shower just taking care of myself or using a toy or something. That usually helps."

You sit up looking at him with concern, "You-You didn't have to do that. Bucky, I would've understood if you had someone else take care of you. Will anything bad happen to you if you're on them too long?"

He shook his head, "Don't think so. Doctor said it's unlikely. But I haven't been really taking them as much as I should be. I think the stress from everything that's happened thus far has also effected it. And before you apologize, it's fine. You're much more important than my heat, Y/N."

You bent down and pressed your lips to his, "I love you."

And Bucky smiles at you, "I love you too. Now go get dolled up for me, yeah? I'm gonna call in some favors for some last minute dinner reservations." he taps your ass with your hand and you giggle, giving him one more kiss before you slide out of bed and head for the shower.

Once you're in the shower, Bucky starts texting and calling some friends of friends. Tonight is all about you. He's going to treat you like how you were always supposed to be treated: like a queen.

It takes a bit, but there's a reservation under his name for one of the most expensive restaurants in the city. He also pulled out one of your dresses that would fit the occasion as well as matching shoes.

He peers into the bathroom and peeks behind the curtain of the shower, "Baby doll?"

You move away from the pouring water and face him, "Yeah?"

"I gotta go back to mine to get ready as well as run some errands beforehand. But I'll be back by six to pick you up okay?"

You nodded, "Okay. And it's kind of annoying how you keep having to leave me."

He shrugs, "Sorry for having my own place?" he says with a chuckle.

You hesitantly bite your lip, "Well, what if you didn't have that place anymore? What if...you moved in with me?"

Bucky leaned forward capturing your lips and you giggle into the kiss, "Is that a yes?" you ask when he pulls away.

"Definitely a yes. We'll discuss details over dinner, 'kay? But right now, I gotta go. I'll see you in a few hours, baby doll." With one last kiss, Bucky grabs his phone, keys, and wallet, and he's out of there, smile beaming bright.