Part 6

Bucky drove to the restaurant located downtown. After parking the car, he raced out and opened your door, his hand extended towards you.

You thanked him, stepping out of the car. He closed the door behind you and walked beside you as you both approached the restaurant. Like the gentleman he was, he opened the door to allow you in first. Again, you thanked him, but not before pressing a kiss to his cheek, which made him all the more nervous and excited.

The place was neither too fancy nor too casual. There was a good mixture of people who were there for a date, and anniversary, for business, etc. There was also a bar located to the very right of the restaurant.

After giving his name to the host, you and Bucky were led towards the left of the restaurant. A host gesturing you to the table and informing you that your server will be with you in a moment.

Bucky pulled out your chair, allowing to sit, and then he sat in his own. You looked at the menu and saw that that there were different sections of different cultural cuisines, "Wow. There's such a variety."

He nervously cleared his throat, "Yeah, uh, I wasn't sure what your favorite kind of food was and I remembered this place had a little bit of everything. So it seemed like a safe bet."

You nodded comprehensively, "That's smart, but for future reference, I'm not picky so any place is fine with me."

"Right. Got it. Wait, future reference? A-As in you'd wanna go on another date with me?" his hands were definitely clammy and sweaty. He rubbed them against his slacks to try to dry them off, "I mean, the date barely started and I might-I don't know-spill a drink on you or somethin'." he set his hands onto the table, fidgeting with the menu.

You giggled, hiding your smile behind your menu, which Bucky didn't want. He wanted to see your smile, "Bucky, regardless of whether or not this date is a disaster, I'd still very much like to go on another date with you. I told you," you reached over, placing your hand on top of his, "I really like you."

Bucky could feel all the tension leave his body with the reassuring smile you were sending his way, "That's-That's really good to know," he ducked his head to hide his reddening cheeks.

___________________

You decided to go for the mango chicken curry and Bucky choice the kobe beef burger. You took a sip from your glass of chardonnay, your eyes glancing up at Bucky to see his eyes were trained on you, specifically your lips. You smirked, setting your glass down, "So, Bucky, we talk about a lot of things, but I don't think I know what you do for a living."

"Oh, um, I work for a tech company. I help design and manufacture products to help those in need. Whether it's for individuals or the environment."

"Oh. What's the company called?"

"Um, Wakanda Inc."

Your eyes widened and jaw dropped, "You're kidding! You work for one of the biggest companies in the world!"

Bucky chuckled, "Yeah, it's-it's a great job. The Udaku Family they're a great to work for. They make sure that all of their employees are comfortable and taken care of. Best place I've ever worked for."

You were ready to ask him more, but you were interrupted by Bucky pulling out his phone. His brow furrowed in confusion, "Speaking of work. Sorry, I should take this. They usually don't call me unless it's important."

"I understand. Go ahead. I should really be eating more of my food anyway." Bucky gave you a thankful smile as he stood up and walked towards the bathrooms to take the call. You continued to eat your meal, taking a few sips of wine in-between bites. You felt a presence appear and you thought it was your server, but when you looked up, it was a man, an Alpha, who reeked of alcohol. He was staring down at you and you politely asked, "May I help you, sir?"

He smirked and leaned over to you, "I can smell you, Beta."

Red flags were already going off in your head, "Please, sir, I suggest you leave me alone."

The man glanced at your neck, his smirk turning into a grin that made you want to shiver, "An unmated beta. Even better. I can change that, baby. I can fill you with my knot so good. You'd be popping my pups out back to back."

You immediately stood up, glaring at the drunk Alpha, "You need to leave. Now." despite your confident tone, you were frightened.

The Alpha snickered and took a bruising grip to your wrist, "You don't get to tell me what to do, little Beta."

Bucky, smelling your distress, quickly ended his call and came marching over to you ready to punch this guy in the face if he didn't back off you, "HEY! GET-" but he stopped when he saw your fist fly to the Alpha's face, causing him to stumble back. You beat to him to the literal punch.

"YOU FUCKING BITCH!" the drunk Alpha cried out, holding the cheek you punched.

The restaurant's security came just in time to haul the guy's ass away, allowing you to relax a bit more. You sat back down and shook your fist, trying to gain feeling back into it from the powerful punch you just delivered.

Bucky appeared at your side, crouching at your legs, "You alright? I saw what happened. Nice swing, doll," he said with pride.

You nodded, "Yeah. I took care of him. My hand hurts like Hell though."

Bucky stood up and was ready to ask a server for some ice, but he was met with just that. Your server held a towel with ice out to him, an impressed look on his face, "Your Beta is badass," he said before going back to the kitchens.

You took the ice from Bucky, mumbling out a thanks. He went back to his seat, looking at you cautiously, "Do-Do you wanna get out of here? Your night's probably ruined-"

You shook your head, "I promise you, it's not, Bucky. I'm not gonna let some dumb Alpha ruin this date for me. What we're gonna do is finish our meal, get some dessert, and then we're gonna go back to my place and probably makeout on my couch."

Bucky chokes a bit when you say those words so nonchalantly. After all this, you still wanna continue the date and not only that, you wanna makeout with him! Someone pinch him 'cause he definitely thinks he's dreaming.

_________________________

You and Bucky stood outside your place, both feeling a little nervous. You anxiously bit your lip as you glanced towards Bucky, "I, um, you don't have to come inside. I realized that what I said earlier at dinner was a bit forward and I didn't mean to make you unco-"

Your words went unfinished as Bucky's hands cupped your face and his lips met yours. The kiss was soft and gentle, like Bucky. Your hands went to grip the lapel of his jacket, wanting to deepen the kiss, but he pulled away.

"I wanna come inside you," realizing what he just said, his eyes went wide and he started fumbling over his words, "Wait. No, that's. I missed some words there! I meant that I wanted to come inside with you. Inside, like your apartment. I wanna-" he took a deep breath, "I wanna go inside your apartment with you." he finally managed to muster out.

You couldn't help but laugh. God, he was so handsome and adorable. You found yourself falling for him more and more with each minute goes by.

You leaned in, lightly pressing a kiss to his lips, "I get what you meant." you fished out your keys from your purse, opening your door and letting it swing open, "As for you coming inside me, maybe we should wait after a few more dates for that," you teased with a smirk, causing Bucky to groan.

"Babydoll, you're gonna kill me," he grumbled as you lead him inside, the door closing behind him.