Part 4

Bucky didn't like that you were on your suppressants again. He loved the intoxicating scent of cinnamon and vanilla coming off you. But he also knew that you needed it for your safety, which is top priority above all else. Fuck whatever he wants. He just wants you safe. But occasionally, he'll get a real whiff of you and it'll just render him speechless and frozen.

"Bucky? Helloooo?" you're waving your hand in front of his face.

"H-Huh? Sorry, Y/N," he ducks his head, wanting to cover his reddening cheeks, "I spaced out for a moment."

You giggled, God, that giggle again, and continued to put the pool equipment away, "It's alright. I guess I do ramble on a lot and tend to lose people." you gave yourself a shrug.

Bucky immediately shook his head, "No, no! That's not it. I-I love it when you ramble. I just-your scent."

You froze, eyes widened, "How bad is it? Is it strong? Oh fuck, do I need to get strong suppr-"

"Doll, no. Shit, sorry. I didn't mean to freak you out. I just caught whiff is all. Caught me off guard." he feels a tension in his chest to see you so panicked and riled up. But when he sees you physically relax, the tension in his chest fades.

"Okay. Got me real worried there, Buck."

"I'm sorry," he anxiously rubs the back of his neck.

"Apology accepted, Buck. Don't beat yourself about it." you both continued to put all of the equipment away in the closet. After it was locked up, you both grabbed your things and walked together towards the locker rooms.

For the past two weeks, Bucky has been plucking up the courage to ask you out. Sure, you two have gone out for coffee and lunches and such, but he wanted to have a real official date with you, that is, if you'd allow it. Honestly, he wanted to ask you out the moment he met you, but that didn't seem right. He wanted to get to know you and you him. He wanted to form a friendship first before heading into anything romantic, despite what his Alpha brain has been telling him.

But lately, it's been getting harder and harder drowning that voice out. His Alpha telling him to just take you, claim you, mark you as his. He's probably gonna be going into another heat soon and Bucky's dreading it. He doesn't wanna go to some bedwarmer like he has in the past. He wants you, but it's still too soon to ask that of you. Maybe he should go on heat suppressants for a whi-

"You're spacing out on me again, Buck," you say with a slightly disappointed look.

Bucky wants to punch himself in the face, "Sorry. It's not your scent this time, I promise. I just...got a lot on my mind right now."

"Anything I can help with?" you asked so softly and kindly.

Yes. Everything. Bend over right now so I can knot you and make you mine, "Not really," he says with a shake of his head, "I'll figure something out though. Don't worry."

"Alright. Meet in the lobby after?"

"Always," he said with a nod and retreated to the locker room where he needed to cool off and gather his thoughts.

Bucky was waiting at the counter for you. He finished his shower and got dressed five minutes ago. He's leaning against the counter, scrolling through his phone. The obnoxious smacking of the bubblegum in Hope's mouth was starting to get to him.

He looked over the counter to the small, blonde Alpha, "Do you not know how to chew with your mouth closed?"

Hope rolled her eyes and proceeded to chew her gum louder than before, "Whatcha gonna do about it? Get me fired like Tucker?"

Bucky smirked, "He got fired? When?"

Hope rolled her eyes again, "Yeah. It's whatever though. And not that it's any of your business, just today. Lemme tell ya, he was not happy. You better be careful, tubs. Tucker hates it when things don't go his way."

"Hey," you said walking up to Bucky, startling him. You couldn't help but laugh out an apology, "Sorry."

Bucky's heart eased at the sight and sound of you, "It's alright. You hear Lance got fired?"

You groaned with delight, "The Heavens answered by prayers. Thank you! We should celebrate!"

Hope snorted, "That's kinda fucked up."

You scoffed, "C'mon, Hope, you knew how much of a dick Lance was. Doesn't matter if he gives good dick downs. His attitude is vile and he deserved getting fired for putting me in danger."

"True."

Bucky looked at you with furrowed brows, "Wait. How the hell do you know he gi-he's good in bed?"

You sighed, rubbing your forehead, "He helped me through heat once and then after that, homeboy kept crawling back trying to get another round. But I said never again. I'm not gonna be like the other omegas and few betas he's been with. No way am I involving myself with Lance Tucker."

You notice a change in Bucky's scent. It's pungent and bitter. A scent which usually means he's angry, "Bucky?" your voice laced with worry, "What's wrong?"

His eyes are hard and his nostrils are flaring, "I just really hate that guy." His head is pounding. His heart his racing. His inner Alpha is seething and foaming at the mouth. How dare LANCE be so intimate with you.

"Buck-"

"I gotta go," Bucky grumbled harshly, pushing past you and marching out of the gym, leaving you confused and slightly hurt.

_________________

Bucky was pacing in his apartment completely livid. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't get the image of you and Lance fucking out of his mind. He hated it. He hated that an asshole like Lance managed to be intimate with you, someone so wild yet kind-hearted. He also hated that now his insecurities were getting the best of him. There's no way he could level up to an Alpha like Lance. Sure, Lance was a dick, but he had this confidence and aura that drew people towards him. Not to mention how supposedly good he is in bed and how fit he is. He could never measure up to Lance with how he looked.

Disheartened, Bucky pulled up his stomach, staring down at his "tubby" stomach. If he was ever gonna have a chance with you, he definitely had to change the way he looked. No more slow and steady wins the race. He's gonna start doing proper workouts now, which meant no more of your water aerobics classes. He was going to be the Alpha you'd want and deserve.