Part 12

SMACK!

"Why does she have more injuries from the last time I saw her?!" Justin's voice echoed through the basement.

You had to give props to Sharon as she remained stoic after she recovered from the literal slap to the face, "She keeps mouthing off the men, sir. Pushing their buttons and getting under their skin."

You watched through one eye, since your other one was black and blue from a powerful punch, how tight Justin clenched his jaw. His fists were rolled up so tight his knuckles were turning white.

He turned to one of this men and pointed a warning finger at him, "You know the rules! Damaged goods means a decrease in value! How many fucking times do I need to tell you that?!" he pushes himself up against the man who was much taller and bigger than he was, yelling in his face. The man continued to have a neutral expression.

Justin then stepped back, let out a sigh, and slicked his hair back. That usual spine chilling smile appeared on his face, "I'm getting really fucking tired of you not listening to me De Marco." he holds out his hand and Sharon places a gun in it. De Marco had no where to go and you jumped when the resounding thunder of the gun echoed through the basement. De Marco's body now lay on the floor, a pool of blood seeping around his head.

Sharon accepted the gun back from Justin and holstered it back into her hip. She gave you a quick warning gaze, telling you not to react.

Justin then walked over to you, squat down to be eye level and roughly grabbed your face, "Are you really worth all this trouble, sweetheart? I'm starting to doubt Tucker's words," he mumbled to you. He then stood up with a grunt, and dusted off his pristine white suit, "Well, I guess we'll see. Continue to cause trouble, sweetheart, you just might end up like your friend, De Marco," he nodded to the corpse.

He started to head for the stairs, "I'll be back in a few days and if she isn't looking any better, someone will pay!" he singsonged the last word and the door shut behind him, leaving you, Sharon, and a dead De Marco by yourselves.

You then glared at Sharon, "I swear to God-"

"A plan is already set in motion, Y/N. In three days' time, we're getting you out of here."

_______________________

You've been gone for nine days and Bucky is going out of his mind. He tried to distract himself with work, but even the Udakus could tell he wasn't well. So they gave him a few weeks off to get his bearings and wait for you to be found. And he hated the waiting game. Because that just meant time for him to think and reminisce about you.

Bucky sat at the edge of the pool. A towel hanging from his shoulders and his legs dipped into the water. His eyes were soft and filled with adoration as he watched you taught the kids' swimming class.

Kids were swimming back and forth with their paddle boards and above the splashing, he could hear you give words of encouragement to the kids. He loved how patient and kind you were, not just with the kids, but with everyone who went through your classes.

Eventually, the class was finished and the kids remained in the pool for free time until their parents picked them up. You swam over to Bucky, pulling yourself out of the pool and sitting beside him.

"Hey, handsome!" you leaned in kissing his cheek, and then chuckling at the blush that started to appear.

"Hey, sweetheart."

Both of you sat in a comfortable silence, legs kicking back and forth in the water as you watched the kids enjoy their free time. That's one of the many things Bucky liked about you. You never made the silence feel awkward, or pressured him into saying something. You and he were perfectly fine just being in each other's silent company.

Knock, knock, knock!

Bucky's brow furrowed when he looked at the time. It was nearing 9pm and he wasn't expecting anyone. Maybe it was his neighbor who got locked out of her apartment again. She tends to do that.

Bucky was even more confused when he looked through the peephole and saw a woman he's never seen before. Slowly and cautiously, he opened the door, just to peek through, "Can I help you?"

The beautiful red-headed woman gave a tight lipped smile, "James Barnes?"

"Yeah," he answered apprehensively.

"I'm Agent Natasha Romanoff from the FBI," she pulled out her badge, showing it to Bucky, "And this is my partner, James Rhodes," a dark skinned man slightly taller than Agent Romanoff came into view, revealing his own badge."

"Okay? What's going on?" Bucky asked, his attention on high alert.

Agent Rhodes spoke up, "May we come inside, sir? It's in regards to Y/N L/N."

Bucky's ears perked at the sound of your name and immediately pulled the door wider, allowing the two agents to enter, "Is there something I can get you? Water? Coffee?"

"We're fine. Thank you," Agent Romanoff nodded.

Bucky sat down while the two agents remained standing up, "So what's going on? Are you guys taking over Y/N's case?"

Agent Rhodes shook his head, "Not exactly, but we have reason to believe that Y/N was taken by Justin Hammer. Do you know who he is?"

Bucky nodded, "Yeah, um, Sam-I mean-Detective Sam Wilson, speculated the same thing. He thinks Y/N's ex-coworker put a hit on her which resulted in her being kidnapped."

"Detective Wilson actually spoke with us. We're taking over his case since this has to do something a lot bigger than just your girlfriend's kidnapping." Agent Romanoff said. She stepped forward towards Bucky, "We actually know where Y/N is, Mr. Barnes."

His eyes widened and he jolted up from the couch, "What?! Then what're you doing here?! Why aren't you getting her?!"

Romanoff shook her head, "It's not that simple. We have a plan, but we can't put it in motion until a few days from now."

"A few days?! What if she doesn't have a few days?! You're just leaving her there frightened and possibly hurt?!" he could feel his Alpha growing angry inside of him. They're keeping us from our Beta. They're just as bad as Tucker and Hammer.

Rhodes, sensing Bucky's rising anger, immediately stepped in, "Sir, we understand your frustration, but you have to cooperate with us. We're in a very time sensitive spot right now. But within a few days, we'll get your mate back and Justin Hammer will be locked away. Wilson was afraid that you might do something irrational," that comment made Bucky snort, but Rhodes continued, "So we just came to tell you, in person, that we're going to bring Y/N back to you."

"You better," Bucky sneered, "or there will be Hell to pay."