Part 8***

Bucky couldn't make it to your class today. He was called in for work early to supervise some trial runs. Despite you being so understanding and supportive of Bucky, he still felt like he was failing you. Even though you had a smile on his face and made him promise to come by after he gets off of work, he still couldn't help that he was disappointing you, and he hated that.

To make up for that nagging feeling, Bucky decided to come by during lunch, a bag of takeout from one of your favorite restaurants in hand. He planned on surprising you while you were in the pool, but that immediately failed because as soon as he walked into the gym lobby, you were at the reception desk talking to Hope.

"Hey, Tubby!"

You look over your shoulder to see Bucky and you immediately scold Hope, "Knock it off, Gregory!" and then you sauntered your sweet ass over to him, pecking his lips, "Hey, I wasn't expecting you."

He shrugged, "Surprise! I brought some sustenance for my beautiful Beta."

You bounced with delight as you kissed Bucky's cheek, "Why thank you, my handsome Alpha. Good timing too 'cause I'm starving!"

Bucky's proudful grin immediately turned into worry, his Alpha instincts kicking in, "Starving? Did you not eat this morning?"

You regretfully shook your head, "No. I woke up a bit late since we stayed up all night marathoning Black Mirror."

Bucky physically winced, mentally berating himself for not being considerate of your sleep schedule and that you had work the next morning. What kind of Alpha keeps their Beta up all night to to then not have them eat breakfast because they slept so late? You're a terrible Alpha. Not only are you inconsiderate, you're ugly, and fat and-

"Bucky," you cup his cheeks to get him to look at you, "Whatever you're thinking, don't. I knew it was likely to happen. You didn't make me stay at your place all night. I wanted to be there, so it's my fault. It's my fault I didn't get anything to eat this morning either. Not yours." your thumbs softly stroke his stubbled cheeks, "You didn't do anything wrong, Alpha. I promise," you whispered.

Bucky took your hands and kissed them, mumbling, "You're such an angel, you know that?"

"Gag me with a fork!" Hope hollered from the counter, obnoxiously chewing on some bubblegum.

Bucky rolled his eyes, "I believe the saying is 'gag me with a spoon', Hope."

"No, gag with me a fork so it could puncture my throat and I can die. Jesus, you guys are disgusting!"

You snorted and wrapped your arms around Bucky, "It's okay, Hope, once you find your someone, you'll be just as cute and disgusting as us."

"I'd rather die," she sneers before turning on her heels and heading to the gymnastics room.

You rolled your eyes, "Pretty sure she's cranky 'cause her heat is creeping up. Anyway, wanna eat this at the tables in the back?"

"Whatever you want, sweetheart," Bucky leans in and kisses your nose. He then proceeds slip his fingers into yours and follows you towards the picnic area towards the back of the gym.

____________________________

Bucky had come to your place after you got home from work. Your hair was still damp from your shower. A hoodie and shorts donning your form. Bucky still wore his suit from work. A heather gray blazer with matching slacks and a white button up shirt. However, his blazer was tossed on the back of your couch, the sleeves of his shirt were rolled up, and the top two buttons of his shirt unbuttoned. He looked delectable.