Chapter 22

We parted lips, the coldness washed over me as he looked down at me. At that moment I had realized what I wanted. 

I looked past everything Nick had done because I loved him, I love him. I wanted to be with him. I didn't care about anything else. 

He twirled me around as a giggle escaped my lips. Maybe it was worth a second try, or perhaps a try at all. The last time we admitted our feelings he left. 

It didn't look like he planned on leaving again this time. 

"Penny for your thoughts?" Nick asked as he placed his hands around my waist again as we slow danced to the music. 

"I want to try" I replied looking at him, he raised an eyebrow confused,

"What?" 

"I want to give us a try, I'm tired of playing this game," I admitted. He narrowed his eyes as if he didn't believe a word I was saying.

"Juliet? Cassie's here, she needs you" Another lady said reaching up to me as she glanced at Nick who still didn't have anything to say. 

"Oh- I'll be right there" I replied waving her off. She soon scattered away. 

"I'll see you later?" I asked, waiting for his reply.

"Mhm," he mumbled as he pulled me in to place a kiss on my forehead. I closed my eyes as his lips pressed against my skin.

Walking away my mind worked wonders, thinking about the millions of possibilities

I entered the makeup room in the back lifting my dress a little as Cassie sat in the chair looking at her reflection as she touched up her makeup. 

I walked over standing over her chair as I watched her through her reflection. 

"You look beautiful" I whispered, she smiled raising her ring to show me. 

"Officially Cassie Winston" Cassie announced smirking. I rolled my eyes as I laughed at her bragging. 

"I'm married..." She whispered to herself.

"You're married" I concurred

"Is it all good out there? Was the food good? Is everyone okay?" Cassie asked a little more worried.

"Everything and everyone's fine Cas, don't worry everyone's excited to congratulate you" I grinned she chewed her bottom look but finally looked up with a smile. 

---

Leo and Cassie walked out together as everyone greeted and congratulated them. I smiled clapping as they walked off enjoying the party. 

Walking away to check on the food and make sure there was still dessert left for everyone my eyes wandered around looking for Nick. 

I couldn't seem to spot him, maybe he went to the bathroom?

"Hey, Juliet!" Carlisle's voice rang through my ears as he walked up to me. 

I forgot he was here, more importantly, if he saw Nick and I kiss. How would I explain that to him after he had just admitted his feelings?

"So you and Nick huh" he trailed on. I looked away from his gaze.

"I'm sorry I know you must be upset-"

"I'm not mad Juliet I just wish you would've been honest" Carlisle replied his tone a little bit annoyed.

"I'm truly sorry" I whispered.

"Have you seen Nick?" I asked, knowing this was probably not what he wanted to hear but I still couldn't find him anywhere.

"Oh, he left" Carlisle answered, 

"What?" I asked, dumbfounded he said he'd be here. Was I a fool to think he'd actually stay? It was always a losing game.

"Do you need a ride home? I can do it" Carlisle offered

"No, no it's fine really" 

"Please, it's the least I can do. It'll give me a chance to explain everything" He insisted. Taking a deep breath I nodded my head.

partially upset Nick had left, without even saying goodbye after admitting my feelings. I'm sure he had a good reason, or maybe he was just playing with my feelings. 

Finally admitting it was the victory of his own game. 

I sighed strolling away, the party wasn't over for another hour and my mood was slowly dipping. However, today wasn't about me. 

I couldn't ruin this for the beautiful girl in the dress flirting with her new husband. For whatever reason the thought made me smile. How content Cassie was with Leo. 

How happy the two were as they danced together with lanterns lighting up the dark sky. Every move and twirl was snickered about. People loved them. 

They loved each other. It couldn't be more perfect. 

2 hours later --

"Hey, you ready to go?" Carlisle asked, I cleared the last table and nodded grabbing my jacket. I followed Carlisle to his car. 

God, I was exhausted, with good reason. 

Carlisle soon hopped in the driver's seat, taking a deep breath I leaned my head against the window closing my eyes. 

"Juliet?"

"Hmm?" I slurred as my body became weaker and weaker. 

"I'm sorry..." He replied. 

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion

"For what-" There was a sharp sting in my neck, the touch of needle and something injecting me. In no time everything had gone black. 

---

My head felt heavy, too heavy to lift. My hands and legs were tied every part of me ached. All I could make out was that we were in a warehouse. 

"What the fuck" I slurred attempting to look up. 

I could just barely remember what had happened last night, the last person I was with was Carlisle. Was he hurt too? More importantly what the hell happened?

"Oh fuck Juliet I told them to be gentle." Carlisle's voice became evident in the distance, I raised my head a little with furrowed eyebrows to see him walking towards me. 

"You did this?" I asked angrily. 

"I can explain" He crouched down untying my hands and legs.

"I defended you," I said between gritted teeth as I rubbed the bruised skin on my arms. 

"Just give me a moment to explain" He requested as he pulled up his own chair and sat down in front of me.

"I know you must have questions, but hear me out." He shifted in his seat looking straight at me. 

"My name is Carson Carlisle Greene" Carlisle went on, or I guess I should say, Carson? 

---

Shorter update... forgive me. 

I don't want to give too many spoilers here but the story does get a little intense from here so please be aware. 

I know I always take ages to update so I hurried for this one. Hope you all liked it,

As always, don't forget to comment, and vote!

Love you all, Take Care!

-SNM