Chapter 18

I sat in the boutique for hours on end talking to Cassie as she checked customers out. I loved this place, something I built when I was at my lowest and now it represents my greatest achievement.

"So he's getting married?" Cassie asked trying to piece the broken story I was trying to explain to her, I left out the part that Nick was a criminal and he basically was built off illegal money, the last thing I wanted was Nick to show up at her wedding and blow her brains out.

"I don't know, I mean it's the best thing he can do for his company but every time I bring it up he just gets annoyed" I answered, 

"My best bet is that he's still in love with you" Cassie replied as she sorted the money in the cash register. 

"But it just- it doesn't add up you know, it's been 2 years he never looked for me or came or reached out till now" I answered, 

"He eventually came through Jules, the real question is are you still in love with him?" Cassie asked staring up from the cash register.

Of course, I did. 

"I don't know" I answered, but it was right in front of me, the thought of Nick with someone else enraging me, the scent of him attracting me, the feeling of security when he was around, hell the way I overlook the worst things about him because I'd rather see the good.

"Is that what you're telling yourself? Or is that the truth?" Cassie asked, I knew she could tell when I lied but now she looked uncertain. 

"I slept with him last night, and the women he's supposed to marry came by and God I felt ridiculous like I was this terrible person I mean who does that you know? I hate myself for it. I knew he was- I just-"

"Stop Juliet. You're overthinking it, Leo and I aren't perfect either, though we aren't in some love triangle we both did things we regret, don't be so hard on yourself Jules, you're a good person that's all the matter. Blinded by love isn't a sin," Cassie explained as she crouched down next to me. Wiping a few tears from my face. 

"You'll be okay Juliet, I'll make sure of it" Cassie whispered as she rested her head on top of mine. 

I didn't deserve her. I didn't deserve any of the friends I had, but here I was living the dream in the dream city.

"I want you to try this dress, I bought it a while back for your maid of honor dress. I wanted to give it to you at the right moment but I don't think there really is a right moment" Cassie said standing up as she walked to the back 

 I wanted to give it to you at the right moment but I don't think there really is a right moment" Cassie said standing up as she walked to the back 

"I made it myself, when you were away I wanted to show you what I learned," Cassie said as she laid the dress out. I stared in awe.

"You did this for me?" I asked as I ran my hand over the dress, Cassie smiled at the dress as well, It was beautiful each stitch sewn so perfectly.