Whats wrong with him?

When Darren returned home from Daleford Academy, Tommy came out of the kitchen and looked up at his brother. He was smiling, like properly smiling, and then he approached Tommy, "Still feel ill Tommy?". A bit taken aback, Tommy tilted his head and spoke up, "Yeah...why?". He didn't trust his brother one bit, especially now that he was acting so kind and sincere, it was almost as if he was actually happy to be back home for once. He knew that any moment now, Darren was gonna pull a prank on him, and he braced for it....but nothing happened.

Darren nodded and walked towards the kitchen, searching through the fridge, "Well that's fine Tommy, you get better, I can't wait for you to come to the Academy, it's a really good school". Okay, now he knew something was off. His brother. Liking school? This had to be a dream, there was no way that his brother of all people would be excited about a school. Peering through the door of the kitchen, he watched as his brother started to make something, but he couldn't tell what it was. It was at this point that his stomach started to hurt, which then caused his head to hurt, so he went upstairs to go and have a nap.

Around 7 pm, Tommy was woke up by his mum, with a soft and warm smile on her face, completely different to his brother plastered smile when he came in. Coming downstairs, slowly mind you, he looked around and saw what his brother was making. It looked to be a lasagne, their families favourite dinner, but something about it looked odd, not that he could tell why. With a small cough, and a pounding head, he went over to his seat and climbed up, resting his head on his arm, with his elbow on the table. He was super out of it today.

The boy with the plastered smile looked at his family, being his mother and his brother, before scooping out part of the lasagne for both of them, before taking some for himself. He would have made some for his father, however he had stayed back in their old home as his job meant he couldn't move, but he did make sure to send money over to their mothers bank account whenever he could. Grabbing his knife and fork, Tommy's stomach grumbled and his mother got worried, "I'm sorry Darren, but your brother can't eat this whilst he's sick, go make some toast and I'll keep this refrigerated for you honey".

The rest of the night went off like most other nights, with Darren secluding himself to his room, and Tommy sitting downstairs with his mother and watching a movie to fall asleep, something they tended to do when he was sick. Their house stayed quiet the whole night but Tommy did have a strange dream. It was of himself, just sitting there on a chair, and 2 shadowy figures, one with his brothers face and the other seemingly forming into his mother's. After that, it all went black and he started having a new dream, of dragons and knights like normal. He wouldn't be waking up from that nightmare, but he would be asking himself...what's wrong with Darren?