Chapter 3 - Gone

"Looks like we're done", grins Kisame.

"Right", I mutter, unable to take my eyes off of Gaara.

"Rina", a low voice murmurs, snapping me out of my trance.

"Hm?"

"Are you alright?" Itachi asks.

"I believe so", I sigh, "Are we done here? I think some sleep would do me some good."

Before Pein could speak, a loud thud is heard beyond our boulder. They're here. Anxiety starts rising in me. I have to go. Now.

"It's getting a bit noisy outside", observes Pein.

"It appears that they've made it here", Kisame states.

"Which group?" Deidara asks, "Was it the one Kisame-sama was holding off?"

"It's both of them. They arrived here the same time, but... It's unfortunate. They're a bit too late", Black Zetsu says.

"There's one more Jinchuuriki here, right?" Sasori grumbles.

Pein nods and addresses them both, "Sasori. Deidara. Take care of the people outside, but take the Jinjuuriki alive."

"So that's how it's going to be, hm?" Deidara sighs.

"The rest of you are dismissed."

A few response were heard and not a moment later, their figures disappeared.

"Well, then. I'm off. Pein, am I to visit you in the Hidden Rain?" I ask.

"No, need. Sasori will fill you in on the details", he responds.

"Hai."

"Rina", Sasori growls out.

I hum in response, trying to contain my impatience. Come on, old man. I'm ready go.

"Just what type of person is the Jinjuuriki for the Nine-tails?" he asks.

"Well, if he is the same boy he was 3 years ago... He would be the first to scream and charge at you", I reply cryptically. I couldn't let him off that easy now, could I?

"Couldn't you be a bit more specific?" Deidara protests.

"Now where's the fun in that?" I chuckle.

Kisame and Itachi both disappear, as well, leaving me, Deidara, Sasori, and Pein alone.

"Believe me, you'll know it when you see him. Give 10 or 20 seconds. It won't be hard", I smirk, before making my hologram disappear.

My consciousness is returned to my physical body. I open my eyes to the painfully bright sun. Damn, I've been out for a while. Two shadows hover over me, making me look up.

"Ready to go?" Itachi asks.

"Go where?"

"We need to get some rest, no? I don't believe that our little princess wants to sleep on the hard stone", teases Kisame.

I scowl and push myself up.

"Whatever. Where's Kukai?" I ask, "He wasn't there for the extraction, was he?"

"He's with Konan on a mission, so they couldn't join us", Itachi explains.

"Hm."

We slide down the rock plateau to continue our journey. I'm sure Pein will send Zetsu to come and get me.

Nothing but the blowing wind fills the air. It was a silent journey like the usual, although Kisame was a bit more quiet this time. He was tired, maybe? All of us were. Performing a technique for three days straight is exhausting and recently, most of the members were barely getting sleep because of the missions Pein loads onto us.