24

Please guys, it will mean a lot to me if y'all engaged with my book by liking and giving feedbacks through comments..
I need something to get me motivated to continue writing. Thank you for the continuous support.

**

We were currently sitting in the cemetery with our backs leaning up against a granite headstone. The night sky was starless and blind, nevertheless, there was a full moon that cast its mellow light over the surroundings to help us see despite being hidden behind those fleecy clouds.

"I can't believe I'm doing this again." I chuckled and took a drag before passing the joint to him.

"Chilling out here after midnight?" Ethan asked then pressed the joint to his lips.

Ethan took a long drag and held it in as long as he could. Shortly afterward he blew the smoke out, letting the wind carry the smoke in beautiful swirls.

"Nope. It's just I made a promise to my sophomore self to quit smoking," I clarified.

I grabbed the joint from his fingers to have another hit. As I inhaled, the smoke filled my lungs and my mind began to swirl in thought. Despite my best efforts not to, I coughed a little making Ethan grin.

"I'm a bad influence on you, aren't I?" he asked with a laugh.

I handed the joint back to Ethan before resting my head on his shoulder, too relaxed to even open my eyes and move. Mm, comfy.

"You're much important to me than a silly vow. Keeping you company is the best form of emotional support I can offer," I told him seriously.

Ethan gave my cheek a gentle pinch. "Aw, I knew you have a soft spot for me. Team Ethan all the way!"

That got a chuckle out of me as I quickly swatted his hand away. "You're ridiculous."

We stayed like that for a moment, quietly passing the joint back and forth until it was burnt to the bottom.

"It's been a while since I felt this calm. It's serene here. I missed this," Ethan eventually broke the silence, blowing out one last smoke ring.

I hummed softly, agreeing.

The cemetery had been our hang-out spot since we were in eighth grade. It was peaceful and safe to be here yet it still baffled me how some people found graveyards scary when being amongst people who were a lot scarier alive.

"Didn't you just come here with Kaden and Kaleb the other day?" I asked, looking over at him briefly.

"It's not the same without my little Andy," Ethan replied with a childish whine.

This wasn't the first time he teased me with the name. Ethan is 6'5″ in height, the tallest among his group of friends, and all of them are 6 footers. Compared to their physiques, I look like a 5'6" microbe they could squash under their feet.

"You and your sweet mouth." I couldn't help but shove his shoulder with mine.

Ethan chuckled lightly. "It's sweeter than honey but you already know that."

My stomach tied in knots every time I thought about it. I couldn't block out the memory of his mouth on me; the shape of it, his lips texture, the warmth of his breath also the light nibble he'd made on mine.

"Speaking of which, I still haven't told Elle you're with me," I stammered nervously.

I saw his Adam's apple bob in his throat before he responded. "I don't have the capacity to care about her now."

"I feel bad."

"It's 2 am, she'd be asleep by now," he claimed.

"How could you be so damn sure?" I asked exasperatedly.