Chapter 33

"dude let's go" Slash patted his back. "hold up man" he said, he cleared his throat, trying his best to sound sober in the busy crowded street. "hey big boy" she smile through the phone "hi princess, how you holding up? are you being a good girl?" he said in his cutesy voice. "yes Daddy, or at least I'm trying. I miss you" she whined, he could see her she didn't even need to ask what she was wearing, she was in their bedroom looking out the window the moon and stars light in her eyes as she wrapped the telephone chord around her dainty fingers. She walks around the house is some sort of slutty little tube top she had cut from a top she didn't want anymore, or something see through or Lacey, and she'd prance around in her little hot pink or purple underwear. A skinny studded belt hangs on her waist cause she's to lazy to take if off and she thinks it's fashionable loungewear.

"I miss you too." Duff though he could stay here forever and talk to her.

"Come on dude let's go" someone yelled for him.

"go ahead, go kick ass babes" she kissed through the phone.

"god I love you" he said as he hung up.

----

She sat alone on the kitchen counter, hearing the strings of her acoustic guitar echo against the walls of the empty house. Her legs dangle. She wasn't jealous. She could go out and party too if she really wanted, but she'd somehow lost the will to do that too. She was left alone with just her thoughts, her empty mind, that was filled with "I love him, I love him, kiss me more, hold me more, love me more." his arms wrapped around her body, his intoxicating scent of smoke, vodka, and hairspray, his little crooked smile, soft lips. his big hands always rough but soft with touch, unless they wanna be rough. what was a guy like him doing with her anyway? He's the definition of American dream rockstar, strong, tall, blonde. What was she compared to someone like Adrianna or Bobbi Brown. God she would kill to look like her, the whispers started hollering in her head. "you are so fucking disgusting" someone scoffed. She looked around the empty house knowing nobody was there but the voice was here, it was here. "isn't she?" another voice said.

"who the fuck do think you are" she had yelled. "please stop this, please please" she muttered to herself as she dropped from the counter and walked to her room, hearing them left and right "skank", "whore" they'd say. "fuck no" she mumbled as she went to her room to guzzle down some pills. She went to bed, aching wanting to scream for Duff to come home, she was completely alone.

Night.

After Night.

After more nights.

3AM

worse part is they were prescribed. She had to take them. She had to take a several. If she didn't they won't go away.

"won't go away. wont't go away" she muttered to herself. She heard the door creak, she flinched.

Duff had walked into the master bedroom, blood rushing in him to see his girl. But he didn't see her shadow lying in bed. He turned on the lights-

What the fuck.

The floor was covered with the paintbrushes he had bought her, pieces of paper ripped apart magazines, and a single bottle of jack Daniel and pills. The wall above her nightstand, all covered in photos. It was a giant collage like the ones you see at punk shows in the bathroom. Cluttered with photos and stickers. Little strips of words that were highlighted.

suicide. whore. slut.druggie. failure.woman.sex.drugs. love. strength. dark. light.

There were pictures of guitars, and blood and eyes a lot of eyes. black and white photos of Johnny thunders, The sex pistols, punk bands. Pictures of Bobby Brown, picture of many blonde blue eyed girls with beautiful bodies and curves and breasts. There were pictures of Holly golighly from breakfast at Tiffanys with Paul Varjack. Cigarette cartons and dime baggies of cocaine taped to the wall. pictures of sharp objects. pictures of porn. There were some pictures of him; Duff. Him playing the bass and laughing, he was happy in all of the photos, most of the photos were of him and Addison. He had noticed that in all of the photos he was in she had drawn on a single red heart on them with marker.

"Addison?" he called out, he checked in the guest rooms. Guest room closets. Upstairs bathroom. Downstairs bathroom kitchen. Nothing. He went back to the main bedroom and checked the closet. The cars were outside so she couldn't have gone anywhere. He heard a sniffle come from the room, he looked around like he was crazy. He got onto his knees and looked under the bead. There she is. She laid sideways with her legs huddled into her arms. Her under eyes were a sickly brownish orange with her smudged eyeliner. "Addison?"

She was sniffling, like she had gotten done crying. "it's back" she shivered.

"w-what's back?" he asked.

"there out ta get me again"

"what the hell is going on Addison, you're scaring me?"

"I don't know..." she sniffed "Duff I'm scared" she said.

"you don't need to be scared Addison, stay here" he said. He quickly got up and picked up the phone on the table.

"hello Angel?" he asked

"hello?yes?"

"I'm freaking out, somethings wrong with Addison"

"what's happening"

"Well I just came home from a show, I just came home and she had some sort of breakdown collage on the wall and she's under the bed, looking like she hasn't gotten sleep since the last time I saw her and she's saying she's scared and that somethings back-"

"what kind of pills did she take?"

"um" he muttered as he frantically went to the bottles he couldn't read the name but he saw the label "there...prescribed" he said.

"angel what's happening? where the hell is my girlfriend?"

"when she was younger she had signs of psychotic depression, she used to say that she heard things. Her family has a history with skitofrenia but it was never diagnosed as that. She only gets like this when she feels isolated or overwhelmed. It hasn't happened it a while, at least not like this."

"so this is normal?" he asked

"sometimes yeah but Duff those pills she's only supposed to take them once a week. If she does too much it can get worse. has she taken any other drugs the past few day?"

"I- I don't know I was on tour- how long will this last for her? what can I do to help her?"

"should end soon make sure she drinks water. No more of those pills. just be there"

"alright thank you Angel" he hurried to hang up the phone. He went back to lay down next to her outside the bed."hey kid."

"Duff?"

"yeah babe?"

"do they hear me? I swear I took all the pills they shouldn't be here anymore" she said.

"just listen to my voice Addison, you don't need to listen to them" he said, reaching out for her hand. "I hate them so much" she whined, god this hurt. "I hate them too" he tried to smile.

"can we try to get you outta there?" he asked as she nodded, weakly crawling. He caught her as soon as she came out. She looked like she had lost some pounds like she hadn't eaten just a bit. Her arms looked just a bit thinner hanging off her mesh white cardigan. He picked her up and placed her gently on the bed. On the gold and shiny pink pillows. "Stay there alright" he said. She lifted her had with an obeying nod. She sat for a while, hearing beginnings of whispers all around, until Duff came back with a bag. "you scared them away" she said. "of course I did" he smiled. "here" he said handing her a paper bag of French fries. "too many calories" she muttered. "yeah calories you need back, eat" he said as she began to nibble on them. He poured out the rest of the plastic bag on the bed. black cherry lollipops, Twinkies, and Virginia slim cigarettes. He had also brought in a glass and pitcher of water. She didn't even need any telling she gulped it down like she was stranded on an island, for once that woman did what he told her to do. She laid on him, and sighed. "If I knew this would've happened I woulda taken you with me" he sighed kissing her head.