Chapter 3 Adventurer

~~Previously~~

Cynthia glance back at Priscilla one last time. Sending her off with a smile too. You both climb out the window as a wyvern appeared. Immediately two blurred people walked through the fire. Grabbing your mother from the neck and choking her. Before you could see anything else. Cynthia pulled you to sit on the wyvern and flew off. As you watched the house and the town burnt to the ground.

"Mom..."

~☯︎︎☁︎︎♔☁︎︎☯︎︎~

It's been months since that incident. You had moved to live with Cynthia and train your mana and magic. You still remember what had happened that day. You wondered a lot of things about that event. You're currently at the red core and on the training grounds with Cynthia. I have to become stronger, you thought.

You quickly dodged her attacked and jumped up in the air. Cynthia used this to her advantage and cast her air spell towards you. As the wind with rocks came flying towards you. Just then you barely dodged the attack as you cast small ice balls toward her. You landed on the ground as Cynthia dodged your attacks. The ice balls had surrounded her and unexpectedly exploded around her turning into a tornado, filled with icicles. Cynthia was now stuck and cast a sound of a barrier in the tornado, while making it larger. As she broke the tornado you launched yourself to her with your hands surrounded by thunder. You threw in a few punches at her.

You jumped backward again as she cast her magic to blow you back. You took little damage from the attack and cast wind spells with rocks at her. Once she looked away you cast large boulders and suddenly three huge rocks were charging at her. While she was distracted, you quickly ran to the side and behind Cynthia. You watched as Cynthia deflect the fireballs and you had a wooden sword around her neck. Cynthia quickly looked behind her and saw you standing there, out of breath. You took a long sighed and fell to the floor, laying on the ground.

"That's 1 out of 147," You huffed.

Cynthia chuckled, "I'm amazed. You catching up so quickly."

"I still have a long way to go," You sighed. "Surely, you weren't going easy on me, were you?

Cynthia walked up to you and grinned, "Perhaps..."

She lend you her hand as you took it. Pulling you up from the ground. You patted the dirt away from your outfit.

"So, it doesn't even count," you scoffed.

"Alright get cleaned up. I have something to do today."

"Really? And what's that?" You curiously asked as you went to get the towel.

"It's nothing too important," Cynthia smirked.

You pouted as you wiped your sweat away with a towel.

"Say... would you like to become an adventurer?" Cynthia asked.

"Huh? What makes you say that?" You questioned her.

"I was just wondering." Cynthia professed.

You eyed her suspiciously and hummed in a sarcastic agreement,

"Mhm..."

"Well, I guess I don't mind. It will be better for me to have some battle experience." You casually said.