V. Decisions Written in Pencil

Mulai dari awal

"Oi Vee! What is wrong with you? P Art has been calling you since the professor left." Luke managed to knock me in the head. I groaned as I looked at P Art at the door again.

P Art is a fourth year student from the faculty of Engineering. He was the University Moon in his time as a freshie and has been helping me ever since I became one myself the following year.

"Sawadee P Art. This stupid friend of ours will come to you now. He's sorry for making you wait. He's just a little slow so forgive him na?" I rolled my eyes hearing Phailin's flirty voice. She has been crushing on P Art for years now. But the latter treated her like some kind of air.

"Hello P." I greeted the senior before tapping on his shoulder in a friendly manner. P Art is also a mixed race like Masahiro. I remember Phailin and Nin telling me about him being half German. His blue eyes really stands out making the girls scream for him all the time. I find him average. I was never shaken by his looks like what Masahiro's face is doing to me this past few days.

F*ck! Masahiro again! Why do I keep on thinking about him even at this moment?

"Vee. You know why I came right?" P Art begin talking after Phailin stopped her ridiculous giggling. Yeah I know what's happening. It's the time of the year again for the selection of a new University Star and Moon from the freshies.

"Yeah P. So how's the freshies? What faculty do you think would make it this year huh?" I talked about the freshies as me and P Art walked towards the auditorium where we will be meeting this year's contestants, but my head still thinks of that second year medicine major who was last year's Moon.

"Well the kids this year were not as good looking as our time but their ok." P Art jokingly answered me. I couldn't agree to him more.

"By the way Vee, are you and Masa still together?" Ugh. This feeling of discomfort in my chest again.

"We broke up already P." Why does he have to bring this up now? I'm still not comfortable talking about it.

The hype of our break up flooded on all social media platforms the day after it happened. I avoided opening my fb, IG and twitter accounts for days, afraid that my phone will crash with the endless notifications that comes in waves. My friends told me there were all kinds of reactions from the netizens. Some of them were brutally judging whose fault it was, while a few rejoices with the two moons of the university being single and available again.

"Oh. I thought they were just gossips. I'm happy though." I suddenly stopped walking and stared at the back of the senior in front of me. Did he just say he's happy?

"What? Why did you stop walking?" P Art turned when he realized I was no longer walking beside him.

"What do you mean you are happy, P Art?" I know P Art have been treating Masahiro exceptionally special compared to the others when we gather together for activities that has something to do with being the university's moons. But I have been totally unstirred with P Art's advances to Masa because I know that the nong only has his eyes for me. Or I just totally did not care at all about him that time.

"Uhmm. You know I always like Nong Masa, Vee. I just step aside because I saw how he really likes you. But now that the two of you are over, I can make my move to him again right?" If my old self from the last semester is hearing this, I would just deal with it with my usual laid-back temperament.

But the me now is like an overly sensitive dog, who gets easily agitated when someone is overly clingy to my human. I wanna bark at P Art right now.