Chapter 11

I walked down the street, a bouquet of flowers in my arms as I headed towards my destination, Maki's piano recital. It's been just over two years since I ended up back in Japan and almost two years since me and Maki's relationship started. Our relationship isn't one of those perfect conflict free romances that you see on some tv shows, but beyond that, we are happy beside each other and we are in our final year of highschool, in five months, we'll be graduating.

As I walked down the street, I reached the event center in which it's being held. Today it's actually being held at the same place as the recital that inspired the young me. Her recitals have been here a few times since we started dating, but it always evokes pleasant memories when I arrive here. I entered the building and from the large lobby, I headed to where Maki's recital was to be held and took my seat.

Maki has been kind of busy recently due to the combination of the upcoming exams and preparing for the recital so besides studying a bit together, we haven't had an opportunity to go on any dates recently but we should be able to go do something together once exams have passed.

As the recital became closer to its start, more people wandered their way in and to their seats. After a bit longer, from offstage came Maki walking onstage and over to the piano in a crimson dress. As the stage lights shone above her, she began to play. Whenever I hear Maki play, I feel the same nostalgic feelings of inspiration that cause me to develop my love of music.

When the recital ended, I headed to the front lobby of the event center where I waited for Maki to eventually come out. Once I saw her enter the lobby, I walked over to her. "As beautiful as always." I said "And I don't mean just the music of course."

Maki smiled as she saw me approach. "Thanks Y/n I'm pretty happy with how it went today."

"And you should be, it was wonderful." I said. I then handed her the bouquet and she took it into her arms.

"Well hello Y/n, I'm surprised we didn't see each other while we were heading to our seats." a woman's voice behind me said

I turned to see that Mrs. and Mr. Nishikino must have had the day off despite their busy schedules running a hospital.

"Hey Mrs. Nishikino. Hey Mr. Nishikino." I said. "I guess I was kinda oblivious to my surroundings for a bit there."

"You end up like that at the weirdest times Y/n. Was there any reason in particular this time though?" Maki said

"Not really, I was just kinda in my own little world for a bit there." I answered. Maki giggled a bit at my admittance of having my head in the clouds earlier.

I spoke to the three of them for a while before Mr. Nishikino's phone began to ring. He excused himself and answered it. When he came back, he said "Something urgent has come up in a matter I had been discussing with the board. It looks like I'm gonna have to head over to the hospital for a bit."

"Okay, if it's what I think it is then you better go take care of it." Mrs. Nishikino said to her husband.

Mr. Nishikino then turned to me and said "Since we still have that reservation in a bit, how about you take my place Y/n?"

"I'll gladly take you up on your offer." I responded.

I then got to speak to Maki and her parents for a short time before they started heading towards their car. Maki wanted to change into something more comfortable before heading to their reservation so they planned to drive home and so Maki can go change and Mr. Nishikino could take his car and head to the hospital.

I accompanied them on their car ride home and while Maki was changing, I waited in the living room with Mrs. Nishikino.

"I can hardly believe you and Maki have been together for two years already." Mrs. Nishikino mused

"I know what you mean, time definitely seems to fly by. I'm hoping I can still be with her for a while to come." I said

"With how happy you and Maki have been together, I wonder if just how long it'll be before you start calling me mother." Mrs. Nishikino joked

I began to blush a bit. I definitely love Maki, and maybe getting married to her someday would be amazing, but I can't help but feel like it's a bit too soon. To try avoid that topic I tried my best to shift the conversation elsewhere.

Once Maki came downstairs, we left and headed to a high end restaurant, which is an environment that I admittedly am completely new to. We were taken to our seats and then eventually served the first course. The food was apparently mediterranean, which I didn't know much about that kind of cuisine, but it was really good. Between courses, me, Maki, and Mrs. Nishikino spoke of course.

Once our meal had finished, we drove back to the Nishikino household. I thanked them for taking me with and while Mrs. Nishikino headed into the house, Maki stayed outside.

Maki came up to me and after seeming to think about something for a moment, said "Y/n, there's something I need to tell you..."

"What is it?" I asked

"It's about college. Mama and Papa have decided that it would be good for me to spend some time studying abroad. They ended up looking around and found a college in Denmark that looks good but the thing is that I'll be heading there this May and I won't be back for a year." Maki said

I nodded and took her hand and mine and said "Maki, if that's what you want to do then just remember that I'll be waiting for you back here. And before you have to go, we'll have to make sure to enjoy the time we have together before then."

"Thanks Y/n." Maki said "I love you."

We shared a kiss and after talking for a while about the upcoming months and how we'll have to handle our relationship going long distance for a while, Maki and I went our separate ways for the day and I began the walk home

------------------------------------------------

A/n: I know it's been eleven days since the last chapter, but soon enough you can expect for me to return to my previously rhythm when it comes to releases