Chapter 6

As a break from class begins, my thoughts continue planning for the school festival, which happens next week. Due to the school festival being so soon, after school all the students swarm through the halls, working for their class and club projects. And with the guitar club going with my idea, and getting permission to do it from the student council, I decided to do a little bit extra and in my free time I've been using some of my free time by using the stuff about composing, and I've been trying to learn to try and make a song to play for the school festival.

I yawned and stretched my arms "Alright, that's enough planning for the minute. I'll do some more planning after class." I looked towards Maki, who was talking to Rin and Hanayo. "Maybe I should see what they're doing for the school festival, I bet Muse is doing something." I said to myself. I then got up and walked over to the three of them "Hey."

"Hey Y/n." Maki said

"So what do you girls have planned for the school festival?" I asked

"For the school festival, Muse is planning to do a performance." Hanayo said "We'll be holding it up on the roof."

"I see, I'll have to come watch if I get the chance." I said "But why are you doing it on the roof? I would've figured you would do it in the auditorium."

"That was the original idea, but we weren't able to get a spot thanks to a failed lottery draw." Maki explained.

"I see, that really sucks. But just tell me when you'll be doing it and I'll try and see if I can get free of what the guitar club is doing for long enough to watch you girls perform." I said

"What's the guitar club doing that'll have you so busy?" Rin asked

"It's actually something I suggested because I did it for the school festival of my previous school, we'll be positioned individually around the school doing kind of street performances. Basically we'll be playing background music for the people enjoying the festival." I said

"So you'll all be playing the same song?" Rin asked

"Yeah, we figured that it would be a little bit annoying to the people passing through the hall if they're listening to one song and then after entering a different hall, they start to hear another song while the previous song is still going on behind them." I responded

"So what song will you be playing?" Maki asked

"It was an absolute pain in the butt to come to a decision, but they actually let me have the final decision on what song we'll play since the whole street performance thing was my idea in the first place." I said "In the end, the solution I came to was to do a bit extra and that I'd try and come up with something myself. I ended up wanting to learn how to compose a little bit after I helped you and so I did it."

"But then you've only been learning about it for a month, are you sure you're ready to compose something yourself?" Maki asked

"True, but already having experience with music has made it a bit easier and I figure that now is a perfect time for a trial by fire. I'll be bringing the tabs to the guitar club after school today so that we can try to learn it in the time before the festival. And after I explained what I wanted to do, I asked them if I wasn't able to create something good, if they would have a backup song in mind for us all to play." I then turned to Maki "But if it is passable enough for us to play at the festival, will you please tell me your thoughts on it when everything is said and done, as the person who inspired me to write it?"

Maki blushed slightly and said "If you want me to, then I guess I can."

"Thanks, that's all the reason for me to want this to be in any way good." I said.

"Good luck Y/n" Hanayo said

"Thanks," I said. I talked to the trio of girls for a bit longer before I excused myself back to my seat so I could work on revising my song a little bit more before class began. But there is one thing I don't plan to tell anyone yet, if everything goes well during the school festival, as it comes to an end, I want to tell Maki that I have ended up in love with her.